Only preschool in England to gain National Autistic Society Accreditation Award is in Stevenage
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
A specialist early years centre for children on the autistic spectrum has been accredited by the National Autistic Society following a two-year process.
Stevenage's TRACKS autism is the only independent early years setting in England to gain the NAS Accreditation Award.
President of NAS, actress Jane Asher, said: "This accreditation gives great confidence to the ability of this organisation and will stand them in good stead.
"It is a terrific recommendation of what they all do. I know the assessors were deeply impressed.
"Every parent used the word 'amazing' in describing the work of TRACKS. I congratulate them on this remarkable achievement."
You may also want to watch:
TRACKS chairman Mervyn Terrett said: "We were thrilled at how many times the word 'amaze' was used in the accreditation report and stunned TRACKS is the only preschool in England to achieve this award. It is a huge testament to the staff."
- 1 Residents consulted on redevelopment of Letchworth's Hawksley bungalows
- 2 Woman trapped in car after colliding with tree on A602
- 3 Stevenage schoolboy wins national chef award
- 4 A602 remains partially shut in Stevenage after crash
- 5 Armed Forces Day 2021: Great day promised with pop-up museum and Spitfire fly-past
- 6 H-Town Almost Unlocked to celebrate 'eclectic mix' of Hitchin retailers
- 7 Special needs school's urgent appeal for swim helpers
- 8 Stevenage council: 'More flats will bring life to town'
- 9 Developer appointed for new Baldock neighbourhoods
- 10 Appeal to save Astonbury Wood is successful