Only preschool in England to gain National Autistic Society Accreditation Award is in Stevenage
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
A specialist early years centre for children on the autistic spectrum has been accredited by the National Autistic Society following a two-year process.
Stevenage's TRACKS autism is the only independent early years setting in England to gain the NAS Accreditation Award.
President of NAS, actress Jane Asher, said: "This accreditation gives great confidence to the ability of this organisation and will stand them in good stead.
"It is a terrific recommendation of what they all do. I know the assessors were deeply impressed.
"Every parent used the word 'amazing' in describing the work of TRACKS. I congratulate them on this remarkable achievement."
TRACKS chairman Mervyn Terrett said: "We were thrilled at how many times the word 'amaze' was used in the accreditation report and stunned TRACKS is the only preschool in England to achieve this award. It is a huge testament to the staff."
- 1 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 2 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 3 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
- 4 College releases statement after medical incident sparks social media rumours
- 5 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 6 Met police officer pleads not guilty to 20 charges including seven rapes
- 7 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 8 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 9 In pictures: Stevenage pantomime Aladdin at the Gordon Craig Theatre
- 10 A1(M) closed in both directions due to fallen cables