Stevenage’s The White Lion pub name change announced
- Credit: Archant
Pub bosses have confirmed that a landmark Stevenage Old Town pub will be changing its name as part of a redevelopment.
The White Lion in the High Street will become The Mulberry Tree once the facelift is complete.
A Greene King spokeswoman said: “We are very proud to own this historic Stevenage pub.
“To coincide with the upcoming refurbishment the pub will be renamed The Mulberry Tree, marking the start of an exciting new chapter in its history.
“We will be honouring the heritage of the pub with a tribute to its former name in the back garden area, which will also be developed as part of our investment.”
You may also want to watch:
l What do you think about the pub’s new name? Let us know, email email@example.com.
- 1 Stevenage council: 'More flats will bring life to town'
- 2 Stevenage nursing home celebrates Pride
- 3 Tottenham test for Stevenage after draw for Papa John's Trophy
- 4 Hitchin Boys' teacher honoured with national award
- 5 Residents consulted on redevelopment of Letchworth's Hawksley bungalows
- 6 Woman trapped in car after colliding with tree on A602
- 7 Stevenage get big derby clash in first round of Carabao Cup
- 8 Cancelled school trip to red list Peru sees some students losing £2,250
- 9 Poppy Fletcher makes history by signing for Stevenage women
- 10 79-year-old pens autobiography inspired by move to Hitchin care home