Stevenage’s The White Lion pub name change announced
- Credit: Archant
Pub bosses have confirmed that a landmark Stevenage Old Town pub will be changing its name as part of a redevelopment.
The White Lion in the High Street will become The Mulberry Tree once the facelift is complete.
A Greene King spokeswoman said: “We are very proud to own this historic Stevenage pub.
“To coincide with the upcoming refurbishment the pub will be renamed The Mulberry Tree, marking the start of an exciting new chapter in its history.
“We will be honouring the heritage of the pub with a tribute to its former name in the back garden area, which will also be developed as part of our investment.”
You may also want to watch:
l What do you think about the pub’s new name? Let us know, email email@example.com.
- 1 Shop employee shaken after knifepoint robbery
- 2 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 3 Arsonist jailed for 10 years after setting 'terrifying' house fire
- 4 Calls for extra hands to help uncover history-defining Roman bathhouse
- 5 Stevenage Charter Fair returns to town next week
- 6 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 7 Consultation opens on plans for 200 flats on Office Outlet site
- 8 Boy, 13, subjected to distressing indecent exposure at leisure centre
- 9 Bedfordshire schools mark move to two-tier system
- 10 Herts Cladiators take part in London rally against 'terrible injustice'