Stevenage’s Spain trip helping club ‘gear up for new season’
- Credit: Archant
Boro headed out to training camp in Seville the day after their defeat to Nottingham Forest
Stevenage are currently in Spain for a pre-season training camp.
Teddy Sheringham and his team travelled to Seville over the weekend, with the majority of the first team squad taking part in the first training sessions.
Others, such as Steven Schumacher, Chris Whelpdale and Dean Wells, worked in the gym and on the sidelines.
Sheringham told the club’s website: “We are going through what we came here to do, and that is to work hard and get ready for August 8. The pitches are not great so the quality hasn’t been what I would have hoped but we are gearing up for the new season and it is going well.”
You may also want to watch:
Boro are back in England later this week and host Millwall at the Lamex on Saturday.
- 1 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 2 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 3 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 4 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 5 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 6 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 7 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 8 Surprise signing Adam Smith happy to get back into training and playing with Stevenage
- 9 Knebworth's Jamie Rutherford lands Tour Championship with dramatic final round
- 10 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair