Stevenage's parking gift for Christmas shoppers
STEVENAGE Borough Council is spreading a little Christmas cheer this year by offering shoppers FREE car parking from 5pm during Thursday late night shopping evenings in the town centre. The Stevenage Christmas Lights Switch-On takes place on Thursday, Nov
STEVENAGE Borough Council is spreading a little Christmas cheer this year by offering shoppers FREE car parking from 5pm during Thursday late night shopping evenings in the town centre.
The Stevenage Christmas Lights Switch-On takes place on Thursday, November 26 and traditionally marks the start of Thursday late night shopping in the town centre, with most stores and the Westgate Centre open until 8pm.
"Free car parking is usually offered on the night of the switch-on," said town centre manager Tracey Parry, "so we thought we would approach the council to see if they would extend this offer for the remaining Thursday late nights on 3rd, 10th and 17th December."
The council was happy to oblige in a bid to lift the spirits of Stevenage people and help town centre businesses at the end of what has been a difficult and challenging year.
Sharon Taylor, leader of the council, said: "The council is pleased to support this move as it makes it easier for families to come along to Stevenage and do their Christmas shopping. This initiative will benefit both retailers and shoppers and will help to create a real festive feeling in Stevenage in the run up to Christmas."
Plentiful parking and good public transport makes Stevenage town centre easily accessible and with a wide range of high street names, plus the opening of family favourite Wilkinson on November 25, Stevenage town centre is an ideal choice for Christmas gifts this year.
- 1 Stevenage doctor 'filled with pride' after taking home national award
- 2 Pupil wins competition to name community space at former bus station
- 3 Stevenage's Forster Country: 'Secret plans' for car park and toilet block
- 4 Residents report 30 ambulances queuing at Lister A&E
- 5 Patrols to be increased following alleged arson in Letchworth park
- 6 All the Thameslink routes which will run during the early October strike
- 7 Nissan Qashqai damaged during Letchworth 'vandalism'
- 8 Four vehicles crash on A602 near Stevenage
- 9 Norris at the double as Boro cruise to another home win
- 10 Delight from the boss for two-goal Stevenage hero Luke Norris
The Comet's Buy Local campaign is a great incentive to support your local shopping centre, with discount vouchers and special offers available in many stores.
For further information, contact the Stevenage Town Centre Management team on 01438 740884 or visit www.stevenage-town-centre.co.uk