Stevenage’s MBDA donates more than £30,000 as part of charity drive
- Credit: Archant
Leading defence firm MBDA has donated more than £30,000 to two local causes as part of its annual charity drive.
The missile systems firm, which has a large presence in Stevenage and bases off Six Hills Way, has donated to the Greenside School Trust, which supports the work of Greenside School – a Stevenage-based special school for pupils aged two to 19.
It has also donated to first aid charity St John Ambulance, which has a Stevenage headquarters.
MBDA donates to local charities on an annual basis, with this year’s contribution surpassing last year’s total of £27,500.
The money was raised through contributions from the firm’s annual charity dinner, which this year was hosted by Ross Kemp and featured talks by charities such as Stoll.
You may also want to watch:
In addition, the firm also donated more than £30,000 to each of the three main service charities – the Royal Air Force Benevolent Fund, ABF The Soldier’s Charity and The Royal Navy and Royal Marines Charity.
- 1 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
- 2 Lamb dies after livestock worrying offences in villages
- 3 Assault in Baldock leaves man with cracked eye socket
- 4 9 ways to stay safe while enjoying Stevenage town centre
- 5 Restaurant's plans 'will add interest' to streetscene
- 6 Teenager left shaken after robbery in Hitchin
- 7 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 8 Stevenage scientist's award for role in new HIV drugs
- 9 Underpass graffiti celebrating Stevenage unveiled
- 10 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?