Stevenage’s Lister Hospital radiotherapy unit petition passed to Parliament
- Credit: Getty Images/Comstock Images
More than 4,000 signatures have been handed over to the House of Commons to try to bring a satellite radiotherapy unit to Lister Hospital.
MP for North East Hertfordshire Sir Oliver Heald presented the petition signed by 4,211 people on Tuesday.
At the moment people in the county needing radiotherapy usually have to travel to Mount Vernon Hospital in Middlesex for treatment.
Sir Oliver said: “I have been overwhelmed by the huge response to this petition and hope that this will help with this important campaign.
“I am meeting NHS England on March 24 to discuss the way ahead.”
You may also want to watch:
The petition was supported by MPs Stephen McPartland and Peter Lilley.
- 1 Motorcyclist dies after crash near Hitchin
- 2 Hitchin teenager convicted of raping three young people
- 3 Prime Minister Boris Johnson opens Airbus' new £35 million facility
- 4 Woman suffers facial injuries in pub assault
- 5 Two arrests made after serious assault in town centre
- 6 Treble for Codi Lee-Spavins and three points for Stotfold in victory over Letchworth
- 7 Famous faces: A look at Stevenage's most notable people
- 8 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 9 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 10 Herts Council has 'pattern of mishandling children's services complaints'