Stevenage’s Lister Hospital radiotherapy unit petition passed to Parliament
- Credit: Getty Images/Comstock Images
More than 4,000 signatures have been handed over to the House of Commons to try to bring a satellite radiotherapy unit to Lister Hospital.
MP for North East Hertfordshire Sir Oliver Heald presented the petition signed by 4,211 people on Tuesday.
At the moment people in the county needing radiotherapy usually have to travel to Mount Vernon Hospital in Middlesex for treatment.
Sir Oliver said: “I have been overwhelmed by the huge response to this petition and hope that this will help with this important campaign.
“I am meeting NHS England on March 24 to discuss the way ahead.”
The petition was supported by MPs Stephen McPartland and Peter Lilley.
- 1 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 2 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 3 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
- 4 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 5 College releases statement after medical incident sparks social media rumours
- 6 Met police officer pleads not guilty to 20 charges including seven rapes
- 7 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 8 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 9 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans
- 10 In pictures: Stevenage pantomime Aladdin at the Gordon Craig Theatre