Stevenage’s Jehovah’s Witnesses celebrate worship hall’s makeover and invite public to come along
- Credit: Archant
Worshippers at Stevenage’s Kingdom Hall are celebrating a makeover – and inviting everyone to come along and see what’s changed.
The Vardon Road Jehovah’s Witnesses base has been completely renovated and chairman of the Stevenage Central congregation Richard Smith said: “Everyone is warmly invited to come and see for themselves the work that has taken place.
“There are a lot of questions about Jehovah’s Witnesses – this is an opportunity to come and see the hall to put your mind at rest and to see what is here.”
The work has included a complete interior decoration including painting, varnishing, tiling, a new carpet and new chairs.
The outside of the building has also been refreshed with painting of the woodwork, a new sign and a complete new wood effect at the front and back.
You may also want to watch:
Richard, who has been part of the church all his life, said: “The work has all been done by willing unpaid volunteers, both locally from the three congregations in Stevenage and others from congregations further afield.
“The old hall had become a bit worn out and needed a revamping which we managed to do with everyone’s help.”
- 1 Letchworth BID responds after manager unexpectedly jailed
- 2 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 3 Stevenage unveil Amazon's Prime Gaming as new sponsors on new kit
- 4 Christopher Hewett: Teenage boys found guilty of murder and manslaughter
- 5 Walk-in vaccine slots available this week
- 6 Police hunt 36-year-old wanted for harassment and restraining order breaches
- 7 How many people in our area have been 'pinged' by NHS COVID app?
- 8 Tributes after Stevenage Forum co-founder dies
- 9 Girl reportedly touched by man while walking home from school
- 10 Tributes to Poppy Appeal stalwart and 'true gentleman' Les Mortimer
The hall to the Oval Community Centre was built in 1998.
There will be no preaching on the day but anyone interested in the religion can speak to congregation members about its teachings.
The hall will be open from 12noon to 3pm on Saturday. To find out more call 01438 759773.