Stevenage girl, eight, wins UK Christmas card design competition
- Credit: Archant
An eight-year-old girl has won a national competition which means her Christmas card design is now on sale in Clintons shops across the country.
Isabelle Fornari, who lives in Stevenage, took part in a competition to design a Christmas card with children’s charity Rays of Sunshine.
Her Christmas tree-inspired design is one of two winning entries and is now on sale in Clintons, with 15 per cent of the money raised going to the charity.
Clintons chose the winning design from a huge number of entries, with illustrations ranging from nativity scenes to stockings above the fireplace and winter landscapes.
Isabelle was presented with a golden ticket worth £50 and got to see her winning Christmas card design on sale in Clintons last Wednesday.
You may also want to watch:
Isabelle said: “I did my design when Rays of Sunshine came to Lister Hospital for an activity day and I was super excited when I found out I had won the competition.
“I love drawing and art. Everything I draw is from my heart.”
- 1 A602 remains partially shut in Stevenage after crash
- 2 Woman trapped in car after colliding with tree on A602
- 3 Appeal to save Astonbury Wood is successful
- 4 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 5 Developer appointed for new Baldock neighbourhoods
- 6 Stevenage schoolboy wins national chef award
- 7 Help transform overgrown land into outdoor classroom
- 8 Special needs school's urgent appeal for swim helpers
- 9 Residents consulted on redevelopment of Letchworth's Hawksley bungalows
- 10 Police officer's 'text book first aid' saves life of elderly man
Rays of Sunshine brightens the lives of children who are living with serious or life-limiting illnesses by granting their wishes, such as meeting celebrities or swimming with sharks.
Over the past five years, Clintons has helped the charity to grant 538 wishes.
Isabelle’s mum, Lorenna, said: “We were delighted when Isabelle won the competition.
“Isabelle’s cousin has been supported by Rays of Sunshine and has had a wish granted, so the whole family was super proud of Isabelle when her design won.
“It’s fantastic that the money raised will help grant other children’s wishes.”
Laura Barnett, Rays of Sunshine’s general manager, said: “Isabelle’s design is fantastic. We’re so grateful to Clintons for all their support over the years and look forward to working with them in the future.”
Sarah Leake, Clintons Stevenage store manager, said: “Isabelle is a worthy winner and her design looks fantastic on the shelf. We had a lovely range of designs to choose from, but Isabelle’s really stood out from the crowd.
“Clintons is very proud to support Rays of Sunshine and we have no doubt this card will help us to raise money for more special wishes to be granted.”