Family fun in the sun at Stevenage’s Hampson Park
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds of children turned out for a family fun day which was jam-packed with activities to keep little ones entertained in the summer sun.
The annual Friends of Hampson Park’s Teddy Bears’ Picnic in Stevenage last Wednesday saw children enjoying magic shows, face painting, a bouncy castle and a train ride.
There were also a variety of stands at the free event, including one held by Codicote Reptiles, which allowed visitors to get up close to a variety of reptiles and creepy crawlies.
Matthew Payne, owner of Codicote Reptiles, said: “I don’t think I’ve ever seen so many children!
“What a fantastic event. It was incredibly busy for us, but that’s awesome! We love seeing so much excitement and enjoyment for our animals. Thank you to everyone who came over to see us.”
You may also want to watch:
Children also enjoyed the climbing frames and zip wire at Hampson Park, which is on Webb Rise.
- 1 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 5 Schoolchildren transform underpass into art gallery to mark Clean Air Day
- 6 Poppy Appeal stalwart Les Mortimer recognised for decades of fundraising
- 7 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 8 Hertfordshire Garden Show set to return to Knebworth Park this summer
- 9 World premiere screening of film Lightships at Letchworth's Broadway cinema
- 10 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation