Family fun in the sun at Stevenage’s Hampson Park
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds of children turned out for a family fun day which was jam-packed with activities to keep little ones entertained in the summer sun.
The annual Friends of Hampson Park’s Teddy Bears’ Picnic in Stevenage last Wednesday saw children enjoying magic shows, face painting, a bouncy castle and a train ride.
There were also a variety of stands at the free event, including one held by Codicote Reptiles, which allowed visitors to get up close to a variety of reptiles and creepy crawlies.
Matthew Payne, owner of Codicote Reptiles, said: “I don’t think I’ve ever seen so many children!
“What a fantastic event. It was incredibly busy for us, but that’s awesome! We love seeing so much excitement and enjoyment for our animals. Thank you to everyone who came over to see us.”
You may also want to watch:
Children also enjoyed the climbing frames and zip wire at Hampson Park, which is on Webb Rise.
- 1 Ambulance called to crash between motorcycle and van in Stevenage
- 2 I went to Stevenage Charter Fair for the first time, and here's what I thought
- 3 Historic family jewellers scoops up industry awards
- 4 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 5 GP surgery blamed for young cancer victim's late diagnosis
- 6 Stevenage has 'no money left' for new special needs children, says county council
- 7 Appeal after dog attack in Stevenage park
- 8 Letchworth hub will get to the 'heart of community'
- 9 Teaching assistant celebrates 50 years of working at school
- 10 Sacrifices made as Stevenage defiantly answer their critics at Harrogate Town