Stevenage’s gutsy Twin Town 1,000k riders put wheels in motion
- Credit: Archant
A group of local cyclists aiming to raise £100,000 for the Lister Hospital by riding 1,000 kilometeres next summer to Stevenage’s twin towns in Germany and France are appealing for as many people as possible to join in the first stage of their epic ride.
The gutsy group called Twin Towns 1,000 are setting off from the hospital on Friday, June 9, to Harwich – and want a large number of cyclists to join the opening leg in a bid to raise awareness and funds for the cause.
On Sunday the team takes part in the Stevenage Cycling Touring Club ‘End of Summer Ride’. A TT1K spokesman said: “We hope it marks the start of a relationship between Stevenage CTC and TT1K as we look to build good community links and raise awareness of our ride.”
To join Sunday’s CTC ride visit www.stevenagectc.org.uk/emitremmus.php.
Steve Watkins, Neil Trebble, Ben Austin, Adrian Morris, Stephen Hibberd, Steve Clarkson and Graham Hoare from TT1K will be taking part in Sunday’s ride, and would love to hear from you if you would like to learn more about next summer’s ride and how to raise money for such a worthy cause.
You may also want to watch:
The group have many fun fundraising events planned over the coming months. For more follow them on Twitter @twintowns1000
If you’d like to learn more about their ride, or if you would like to get in touch if you are a local business, or if you’re a resident who would like to help or fundraise for them, or just to know more about next June’s TT1K email email@example.com.
- 1 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 4 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 5 Schoolchildren transform underpass into art gallery to mark Clean Air Day
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 7 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
- 8 World premiere screening of film Lightships at Letchworth's Broadway cinema
- 9 Stevenage lad donates 22 inches of hair to the Little Princess Trust
- 10 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie