Stevenage’s Got Talent finalists chosen
The best performers in this year’s Stevenage’s Got Talent competition have been chosen to take to the stage in front of thousands.
On Saturday, dozens of hopefuls were whittled down to a final nine acts who will perform at The Gordon Craig Theatre at the mayors’ show next month.
The show, on March 28, will also feature established acts chosen by the mayor including cheerleaders, choirs, dancers and singers.
“A great evening’s entertainment of song, dance and instrumental music will be on show,” Stevenage Mayor Michael Downing said. “Auditions for my charity concert brought more than three times the number of acts we had room for. The standard was higher than ever and some really talented people had to be turned away. I hope they will apply again next year.”
Money raised on the night will go towards the mayor’s chosen charities, Mind in Mid Herts, Peace Child International and The Stevenage Community Trust.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are �5 from the theatre box office, call 01438 363200.
The full line up on the night will be:
- 1 Letchworth BID responds after manager unexpectedly jailed
- 2 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 3 How many people in our area have been 'pinged' by NHS COVID app?
- 4 Police hunt 36-year-old wanted for harassment and restraining order breaches
- 5 Ticket holders need to provide their COVID status for entry to this year's Slam Dunk Festival in Hatfield
- 6 Walk-in vaccine slots available this week
- 7 Christopher Hewett: Teenage boys found guilty of murder and manslaughter
- 8 Tributes to Poppy Appeal stalwart and 'true gentleman' Les Mortimer
- 9 Girl reportedly touched by man while walking home from school
- 10 Parents' tribute to caring community as they continue push for new specialist facilities
Stevenage’s Got Talent winners Jessica Dowding, Geoff Osborne, Ben Newbury, Younique Dance School, Charlie Tippett, Megan Cowlam, Sophie Finch, Megan Luscombe, Bethany Huckle.
And the mayor’s chosen acts, Louise Davidson, Alex Mileusnic, Irish Dancers, Ashtree School Choir, Stevenage Jazz Band, Camps Hill Stars Cheerleaders and Marriotts Gymnastics Club