Stevenage’s fantastic form is no surprise to Westley
- Credit: Archant
Boro are top of the League Two form table.
Stevenage’s current run of form has not come as a surprise to manager Graham Westley.
Boro have picked up back-to-back wins over play-off chasing sides, Plymouth Argyle and Newport County, and are unbeaten in their last six League Two outings, which includes victories over Southend United and Wycombe Wanderers.
Stevenage have managed to achieve wins despite having an injury list that would cripple anyone else’s play-off charge. Calvin Zola, Harry Worley, Darius Charles, David McAllister, Adam Marriott and Tom Pett have all missed games recently.
“It’s not unusual for Stevenage to come strong as the season progresses, so am I surprised? No, because we work very hard to deal with improvements in players and the team,” said Westley.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s not a surprise that we’re getting better but it is a massive achievement for the players to have overcome the difficulties we’ve faced. It’s not easy to step in leagues, learn new team-mates, a new club and constant changes in selection so it’s a massive to the players that they are where they are.
“It would be easy to find excuses but mentally they’ve shown great strength and character to push on and put ourselves in a position where we have something to play for with 11 games to go.”
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 5 Man charged with robbery after being tracked down by PD Luther
- 6 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 7 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 8 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 9 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 10 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
Stevenage travel to Cambridge in League Two on Saturday, 3pm kick-off.