Stevenage’s Chiltern Model Railway Exhibition this weekend
- Credit: Archant
It’s all aboard for Stevenage this weekend, ahead of this year’s Chiltern Model Railway Exhibition.
The exhibition, organised by the Chiltern Model Railway Association, will be held on Saturday and Sunday at the Stevenage Arts & Leisure Centre off Lytton Way.
More than 30 working model railway layouts will be on show, with a balanced coverage of scales, gauges and prototypes.
Sets expected to be on show include portrayals of a German railway bridge in the autumn of 1944, the Forth Bridge in Edinburgh, and a Dutch narrow-gauge line.
The annual event, the largest model railway show in Herts, was formerly held in St Albans and first came to Stevenage last year.
It was estimated that as many as 2,000 or 3,000 people attended the two-day exhibition a year ago.
The exhibition is open from 10am to 5.30pm on Saturday, and 10am to 4.30pm on Sunday.
For more see cmra.org.uk.
- 1 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 2 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans
- 3 Woman on trial over bottles smashed in Aldi store
- 4 High winds stop Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on event
- 5 Stevenage MP earns over £4,000 per month from other jobs
- 6 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 7 Missing Letchworth woman found safe and well
- 8 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 9 Enter Shikari to play Club 85 gig in Hitchin as part of The National Lottery’s Revive Live Tour
- 10 James Bay announces intimate ‘New Songs New Stories’ solo tour for Independent Venue Week