Stevenage’s Aleks Josh through to The Voice UK final 20
STEVENAGE lifeguard Aleks Josh made it through to the final 20 of singing talent contest The Voice last night (Sunday).
The 17-year-old was up against Emmy J Mac in Sunday’s battle round, with both singing James Morrison’s Broken Strings.
Although clearly intimidated and less experienced than his rival, Aleks won a place through to the next round after mentor Danny O’Donoghue chose to take him through.
His decision, he said, was based on the fact he could coach Aleks and fulfil his role on the show.
Aleks, who worked at Stevenage Leisure as a lifeguard, was last night trending worldwide on Twitter.
You may also want to watch:
He tweeted to fans: “Thank you to everyone tweeting me, I love you all.”
- 1 Arrests made after assault leaves victim with lacerations to the head
- 2 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 3 Ambulance called to crash between motorcycle and van in Stevenage
- 4 GP surgery blamed for young cancer victim's late diagnosis
- 5 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 6 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 7 I went to Stevenage Charter Fair for the first time, and here's what I thought
- 8 Historic family jewellers scoops up industry awards
- 9 Hospice volunteers mark Churchgate Day on the catwalk with vintage fashion show
- 10 Hertfordshire's adult social care workers honoured at award ceremony