Stevenage’s Aleks Josh through to The Voice UK final 20
STEVENAGE lifeguard Aleks Josh made it through to the final 20 of singing talent contest The Voice last night (Sunday).
The 17-year-old was up against Emmy J Mac in Sunday’s battle round, with both singing James Morrison’s Broken Strings.
Although clearly intimidated and less experienced than his rival, Aleks won a place through to the next round after mentor Danny O’Donoghue chose to take him through.
His decision, he said, was based on the fact he could coach Aleks and fulfil his role on the show.
Aleks, who worked at Stevenage Leisure as a lifeguard, was last night trending worldwide on Twitter.
You may also want to watch:
He tweeted to fans: “Thank you to everyone tweeting me, I love you all.”
- 1 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 2 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 3 Colossal bath makes a splash in Hitchin
- 4 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 5 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 6 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 7 Family plea to save eight-month-old pup Ellie
- 8 Have your say on parking restriction plans
- 9 Do you recognise these people?
- 10 Drugs, weapons and cash recovered as man arrested in Beds village