Stevenage resident rescued in flat fire
- Credit: Archant
FIREFIGHTERS had to force their way into a flat to put out a fire yesterday (Monday) and rescue someone inside.
Stevenage and Hitchin crews were called to Penn Road in Stevenage at about 4.40pm after a neighbour dialled 999 reporting a smell of burning.
After getting no answer when knocking on the door of the second floor flat, firefighters had to force their way in and found one person inside.
The resident was rescued without injury and the blaze was declared out by 5pm.
A spokesman for the fire service said the cause is believed to be accidental.
You may also want to watch:
A Stevenage crew was then called to another fire in the town after a van caught alight at about 6.20pm.
The vehicle was on fire in Webb Rise and was extingished half an hour after the call.
- 1 GP surgery blamed for young cancer victim's late diagnosis
- 2 Stevenage has 'no money left' for new special needs children, says council
- 3 Appeal after dog attack in Stevenage park
- 4 Community fieldwalking to uncover Hitchin's Roman ruins hailed 'huge success'
- 5 Still no justice for paramedic killed in 2018 crash
- 6 Woman taken to hospital after medical incident in town centre
- 7 Stevenage Charter Fair returns to town next week
- 8 Two schools' birthday celebrations can finally go ahead
- 9 Revealed: Stevenage pantomime cast members announced for Aladdin at the Gordon Craig Theatre
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
Again the cause was recorded as accidental.
*Were you the person rescued from the flat fire? If so, call 01438 866210 or email email@example.com