Stevenage Race For Life rained off
THIS weekend’s Race For Life in Stevenage has been cancelled due to waterlogged conditions.
The all-women charity fun run in aid of Cancer Research UK was called off last night.
A charity spokesman said: “We are unable to park participants cars on it, or drive our lorries onto it and more importantly allow ambulances on it safely and so we have had to postpone. Annoying as the rest of the course is fine and the weather is set to be lovely on Sunday.”
Around 3,000 women had signed up for the event on Sunday with the organisers hoping to raise over �200,000.
A spokesman for the charity said the event will be rescheduled, but a date has yet to be fixed.
You may also want to watch:
Sixteen other town and city Race For Life events were also cancelled, including Newcastle, Birmingham and the Isle of Wight because of the wet conditions.
- 1 Shop employee shaken after knifepoint robbery
- 2 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 3 Calls for extra hands to help uncover history-defining Roman bathhouse
- 4 Arsonist jailed for 10 years after setting 'terrifying' house fire
- 5 Stevenage Charter Fair returns to town next week
- 6 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 7 Consultation opens on plans for 200 flats on Office Outlet site
- 8 Boy, 13, subjected to distressing indecent exposure at leisure centre
- 9 Bedfordshire schools mark move to two-tier system
- 10 Herts Cladiators take part in London rally against 'terrible injustice'