Stevenage quiz fun returns as Bedwell brains get set to battle it out
- Credit: Archant
Community engagement isn’t one of the rounds, but there’s no question that it’s one of the aims of a quiz event on Friday evening.
The Bedwell Residents’ Group is hosting its second quiz night at the Bedwell Community Centre, with the grey matter grilling getting under way from 7pm.
Chairman Chris Oak says he’s was not just appealing for people living in Bedwell to come and take part, but anyone living in Stevenage.
“We’re trying to reach out and create more community interaction,” he explained.
“The group that isn’t just for people to come and raise issues they’re having, but also one where they can have fun and enjoy themselves.”
You may also want to watch:
Chris joined the group about 18 months ago when it had only a handful of members.
Since then he has helped it grow into a thriving club with more than 20 people regularly attending its events.
- 1 Stevenage Charter Fair returns to town next week
- 2 Shop employee shaken after knifepoint robbery
- 3 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 4 Calls for extra hands to help uncover history-defining Roman bathhouse
- 5 Arsonist jailed for 10 years after setting 'terrifying' house fire
- 6 Boy, 13, subjected to distressing indecent exposure at leisure centre
- 7 Consultation opens on plans for 200 flats on Office Outlet site
- 8 No positives for Revell as Boro meekly surrender to Forest Green Rovers
- 9 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 10 Guns and drugs arrest man in court over bail breach
“The group’s been going for donkey’s years but its membership dwindled down which was a real shame,” he said. “It was created to do good for the community and that’s what events like this are for.
“We’ve already held a quiz and have more events planned for later in this year so we’re definitely a group on the up.”
Tickets cost £5 and include fish and chips.
For more call Chris on 07522 057743.