Stevenage Proverbial bar relaunches as The Drapers Arms
- Credit: Archant
A pub has been revamped and reopened to the public - creating 15 new jobs in the process.
The Drapers Arms, previously known as The Proverbial, on Stevenage High Street reopened last night, Wednesday, following a £264,000 investment from owner Stonegate.
Manager Andrew Cottam said: “The pub is in a lovely setting right in the centre of Stevenage Old Town with a total refurbishment and name change. We are always thinking about what we can offer to peopel and have completely upgraded the menu.
“It’s great that we’ve been able to recruit more staff and offer these jobs to young people in the community. It’s all a part of our positive approach moving forward.
“We have started serving Lavazza coffee. We’re hoping to make the pub the kind place where you could go to meet your friends but would also fit an informal work meeting.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re hoping to start hosting live music nights at the end of every week - weather permitting!”
Members of the public are invited to join the pub in celebrating its reopening on Friday and Saturday, followed by a family day on Sunday.
- 1 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 2 Shop employee shaken after knifepoint robbery
- 3 Calls for extra hands to help uncover history-defining Roman bathhouse
- 4 Stevenage Charter Fair returns to town next week
- 5 Arsonist jailed for 10 years after setting 'terrifying' house fire
- 6 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 7 Boy, 13, subjected to distressing indecent exposure at leisure centre
- 8 Consultation opens on plans for 200 flats on Office Outlet site
- 9 Bedfordshire schools mark move to two-tier system
- 10 Arrest made after man in his 40s dies in A505 crash tragedy
The Drapers Arms will open daily from 7am, closing Monday to Wednesday at 11pm, Thursday at Midnight and Friday and Saturdays at 2am and Sunday at 10.30pm
Visit www.stonegatepubs.com for more information.