Stevenage Proverbial bar relaunches as The Drapers Arms
- Credit: Archant
A pub has been revamped and reopened to the public - creating 15 new jobs in the process.
The Drapers Arms, previously known as The Proverbial, on Stevenage High Street reopened last night, Wednesday, following a £264,000 investment from owner Stonegate.
Manager Andrew Cottam said: “The pub is in a lovely setting right in the centre of Stevenage Old Town with a total refurbishment and name change. We are always thinking about what we can offer to peopel and have completely upgraded the menu.
“It’s great that we’ve been able to recruit more staff and offer these jobs to young people in the community. It’s all a part of our positive approach moving forward.
“We have started serving Lavazza coffee. We’re hoping to make the pub the kind place where you could go to meet your friends but would also fit an informal work meeting.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re hoping to start hosting live music nights at the end of every week - weather permitting!”
Members of the public are invited to join the pub in celebrating its reopening on Friday and Saturday, followed by a family day on Sunday.
- 1 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 2 Police officer's 'text book first aid' saves life of elderly man
- 3 Appeal to save Astonbury Wood is successful
- 4 Help transform overgrown land into outdoor classroom
- 5 Developer appointed for new Baldock neighbourhoods
- 6 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 7 Rotheram shines on dreary day as Datchworth dump Dunstable
- 8 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 9 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 10 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
The Drapers Arms will open daily from 7am, closing Monday to Wednesday at 11pm, Thursday at Midnight and Friday and Saturdays at 2am and Sunday at 10.30pm
Visit www.stonegatepubs.com for more information.