Stevenage police officer praised for actions in road accident
- Credit: Archant
A police officer has been praised for helping to treat a seriously injured woman following a road traffic collision.
PC Greg Foley was presented with a certificate of appreciation by Stevenage-based paramedic crew members Aaron Taylor and Debbie Redhead, on behalf of the East of England Ambulance Service, on Thursday May 1.
On the evening of April 7, Greg, a member of the Safer Neighbourhood Team based at Stevenage Police Station, responded to a two vehicle collision on Lonsdale Road. On his arrival, he found a woman trapped in the wreckage of a car.
Mr Foley climbed into the car and began to administer first aid and reassure her until the arrival of the ambulance crews.
One of the paramedics Aaron Taylor, who attended the scene said: “Greg was able to sit behind the trapped casualty and immobilise the woman’s head and neck which allowed Debbie and I to make further assessments and treat her injuries.
You may also want to watch:
Aaron added: “Having Greg’s help inside the car was very much appreciated. He remained calm and was most helpful throughout. He is a credit to Hertfordshire Constabulary.”
On receiving his certificate, Greg said: “It is always satisfying when I’m able to use my training to help both members of the public and colleagues from other emergency services.”
- 1 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 2 Shop employee shaken after knifepoint robbery
- 3 Calls for extra hands to help uncover history-defining Roman bathhouse
- 4 Stevenage Charter Fair returns to town next week
- 5 Arsonist jailed for 10 years after setting 'terrifying' house fire
- 6 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 7 Boy, 13, subjected to distressing indecent exposure at leisure centre
- 8 Consultation opens on plans for 200 flats on Office Outlet site
- 9 Bedfordshire schools mark move to two-tier system
- 10 Arrest made after man in his 40s dies in A505 crash tragedy
Stevenage Safer Neighbourhood Team Sergeant Dave Smith said: “It’s nice to hear that Greg was able to provide such effective assistance to the ambulance service and that his efforts were deservedly recognised.”