Stevenage police officer praised for actions in road accident
- Credit: Archant
A police officer has been praised for helping to treat a seriously injured woman following a road traffic collision.
PC Greg Foley was presented with a certificate of appreciation by Stevenage-based paramedic crew members Aaron Taylor and Debbie Redhead, on behalf of the East of England Ambulance Service, on Thursday May 1.
On the evening of April 7, Greg, a member of the Safer Neighbourhood Team based at Stevenage Police Station, responded to a two vehicle collision on Lonsdale Road. On his arrival, he found a woman trapped in the wreckage of a car.
Mr Foley climbed into the car and began to administer first aid and reassure her until the arrival of the ambulance crews.
One of the paramedics Aaron Taylor, who attended the scene said: “Greg was able to sit behind the trapped casualty and immobilise the woman’s head and neck which allowed Debbie and I to make further assessments and treat her injuries.
Aaron added: “Having Greg’s help inside the car was very much appreciated. He remained calm and was most helpful throughout. He is a credit to Hertfordshire Constabulary.”
On receiving his certificate, Greg said: “It is always satisfying when I’m able to use my training to help both members of the public and colleagues from other emergency services.”
- 1 Have your say on plans to redevelop The Forum in Stevenage
- 2 Molly-Mae Hague announces pregnancy in adorable Instagram video
- 3 Multiple homes burgled in Letchworth
- 4 Letchworth pond tested and fish removed after animals found dead
- 5 Stevenage Railway Station: Normal train service resumes after major repairs
- 6 Chocolates sold at Tesco stores recalled after health risk discovered
- 7 Baby Asian elephant calf named 'Queen' at ZSL Whipsnade Zoo
- 8 100 Herts police officers to carry nasal spray to prevent drug deaths
- 9 Two arrests made in connection with Stevenage brawl
- 10 Meteor shower known for bright fireballs begins tonight
Stevenage Safer Neighbourhood Team Sergeant Dave Smith said: “It’s nice to hear that Greg was able to provide such effective assistance to the ambulance service and that his efforts were deservedly recognised.”