Stevenage police officer praised for actions in road accident
- Credit: Archant
A police officer has been praised for helping to treat a seriously injured woman following a road traffic collision.
PC Greg Foley was presented with a certificate of appreciation by Stevenage-based paramedic crew members Aaron Taylor and Debbie Redhead, on behalf of the East of England Ambulance Service, on Thursday May 1.
On the evening of April 7, Greg, a member of the Safer Neighbourhood Team based at Stevenage Police Station, responded to a two vehicle collision on Lonsdale Road. On his arrival, he found a woman trapped in the wreckage of a car.
Mr Foley climbed into the car and began to administer first aid and reassure her until the arrival of the ambulance crews.
One of the paramedics Aaron Taylor, who attended the scene said: “Greg was able to sit behind the trapped casualty and immobilise the woman’s head and neck which allowed Debbie and I to make further assessments and treat her injuries.
You may also want to watch:
Aaron added: “Having Greg’s help inside the car was very much appreciated. He remained calm and was most helpful throughout. He is a credit to Hertfordshire Constabulary.”
On receiving his certificate, Greg said: “It is always satisfying when I’m able to use my training to help both members of the public and colleagues from other emergency services.”
- 1 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 2 Appeal to save Astonbury Wood is successful
- 3 Police officer's 'text book first aid' saves life of elderly man
- 4 Help transform overgrown land into outdoor classroom
- 5 Developer appointed for new Baldock neighbourhoods
- 6 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 7 Rotheram shines on dreary day as Datchworth dump Dunstable
- 8 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 9 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 10 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
Stevenage Safer Neighbourhood Team Sergeant Dave Smith said: “It’s nice to hear that Greg was able to provide such effective assistance to the ambulance service and that his efforts were deservedly recognised.”