Stevenage play centre receives part of �2m cash boost
AN INVESTMENT company has ploughed �2 million into a children s play centre chain. Monkey Bizness, which has a site on the Roaring Meg Retail Park in Stevenage, has received the cash boost from Octopus Investments Ltd. As well as helping to strengthen the
AN INVESTMENT company has ploughed �2 million into a children's play centre chain.
Monkey Bizness, which has a site on the Roaring Meg Retail Park in Stevenage, has received the cash boost from Octopus Investments Ltd.
As well as helping to strengthen the business' balance sheet, the investment will also be used to double the number of Monkey Bizness centres in the UK - from six to 12 - over the next three years.
Alistair Brew, director of Octopus Ventures - a branch of Octopus Investments Ltd, said: "We have been impressed with what management has achieved to date and believe that the Monkey Bizness offering can set the standard in the sector. This investment will enable the model to be rolled out more widely in the UK and present Monkey Bizness with the opportunity to become the leading player in the market."
You may also want to watch:
Alex Cheney, co-founder of Monkey Bizness, said: "We have grown the business to six sites in three years and believe we are well placed to capitalise on the fragmented family entertainment market. The investment from Octopus comes at a crucial time.
- 1 Consultation opens on plans for 200 flats on Office Outlet site
- 2 Shop employee shaken after knifepoint robbery
- 3 Calls for extra hands to help uncover history-defining Roman bathhouse
- 4 What you need to know about the changing divorce laws
- 5 Arsonist jailed for 10 years after setting 'terrifying' house fire
- 6 Stevenage Charter Fair returns to town next week
- 7 Boy, 13, subjected to distressing indecent exposure at leisure centre
- 8 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 9 Darcie's Wish fundraising back on track after 18 months
- 10 Woman suffers cuts and bruises in pub glassing