Thieves target community buildings in Stevenage burglary spate
- Credit: Archant
A spate of burglaries in the Pin Green area of Stevenage this week have led police to believe the incidents are connected.
The Hampson Park Community Centre in Webb Rise, Central Mosque in Vardon Road, and Kingdom Hall of Jehovahs at the Oval, have all been targeted by thieves in the last few days - and police are today appealing for information.
Overnight on Tuesday, thieves broke into the Hampson Park Community Centre in Webb Rise. They forced open an office door and made away with cash and a mobile phone.
Yesterday - between 7.30am and 8am - one or more trespassers broke into the Central Mosque via the back gate and smashed a window. Once inside they broke into two safes and stole money from charity boxes.
The third incident was an attempted burglary at Kingdom Hall of Jehovahs at the Oval overnight yesterday. Thieves broke the padlock to the gate and attempted to force open the fire exit door.
You may also want to watch:
Investigating officer Detective Ben Swapp said: "We could like to hear from anyone who was in these areas around the times stated and who may have seen anything or anyone suspicious.
"We would also like to hear from you if you have any other information which may help our investigation. During the burglary at the mosque the alarm was activated so this may have alerted people nearby."
- 1 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 5 Schoolchildren transform underpass into art gallery to mark Clean Air Day
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 7 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
- 8 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 9 Stevenage lad donates 22 inches of hair to the Little Princess Trust
- 10 World premiere screening of film Lightships at Letchworth's Broadway cinema
Anyone with any information should contact DC Ben Swapp via email to email@example.com or by calling the non-emergency number 101, quoting crime number 41/4371/19.