Stevenage pile more misery on Morecambe
- Credit: Archant
Stevenage will wish they could play Morecambe every week after putting four goals past them for the second time this season.
Darren Sarll’s men made it just one defeat in seven following their 4-1 victory, a result which saw them leapfrog both their opponents and Yeovil Town to move up to 19th in the League Two table.
Boro conceded first as Alan Goodall turned Dean Parrett’s corner past his own goalkeeper, but then Parrett added two goals himself before Ben Kennedy wrapped things up with five minutes to go.
In recent weeks Boro have looked stronger defensively but have struggled at the other end of the pitch.
Since Glenn Roeder’s arrival the club has kept three clean sheets in seven matches, but noting that goalscoring had become an issue the coaching staff have been working on the training pitch with an emphasis on attacking drills.
And coming up against a Morecambe side who had shipped seven goals just days earlier at Cambridge United, Stevenage put that into practice in emphatic style in their biggest win since they thumped Cheltenham Town 5-1 in November 2014.
For match highlights, click on the video.
- 1 Stevenage Major Works: Leaseholders sent final bills
- 2 North Herts deputy council leader Paul Clark passes away from COVID-19
- 3 Trust calls out council for causing 'uncertainty and chaos' by disrupting two-tier conversion
- 4 Prince Philip death joke tweets sparks probe as councillor leaves party
- 5 175-year-old primary school saved after months of uncertainty
- 6 Downing Street: Our MPs' responses to alleged illegal Christmas party
- 7 Man charged with multiple burglaries after police chase
- 8 Tranquil Turtle officially opens with dazzling launch event
- 9 Turkeys for sale on Facebook ruffles feathers
- 10 Christmas markets return to Hitchin