Stevenage pensioners tied up and threatened as thieves take jewellery in aggravated burglary
- Credit: Archant
Two Stevenage pensioners have been left ‘extremely shaken’ after being threatened and tied up in an aggravated burglary where jewellery and cash was stolen.
Two burglars broke into a property in the Sish Lane area of the town at about 12.20am yesterday, threatening and tying up the man and woman inside.
The victims – both in their 70s – were then left as the thieves took jewellery and money, making off in a vehicle.
Det Con Katy Tucker from the Stevenage Local Crime Unit is investigating. She said: “Understandably the victims have been left extremely shaken by what has happened and the man suffered minor injuries during the incident.
“I would appeal to anyone who was in this area and saw a vehicle in suspicious circumstances to please contact police, or if you have any information at all which could assist the investigation, I would also like to hear from.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should call police on non-emergency number 101 quoting crime reference number E1/15/4697.
Alternatively you can contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or via the anonymous online form at www.crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 GP surgery blamed for young cancer victim's late diagnosis
- 2 Stevenage has 'no money left' for new special needs children, says council
- 3 Appeal after dog attack in Stevenage park
- 4 Still no justice for paramedic killed in 2018 crash
- 5 Community fieldwalking to uncover Hitchin's Roman ruins hailed 'huge success'
- 6 Stevenage Charter Fair returns to town next week
- 7 Woman taken to hospital after medical incident in town centre
- 8 Two schools' birthday celebrations can finally go ahead
- 9 Revealed: Stevenage pantomime cast members announced for Aladdin at the Gordon Craig Theatre
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images