Stevenage pensioners tied up and threatened as thieves take jewellery in aggravated burglary
- Credit: Archant
Two Stevenage pensioners have been left ‘extremely shaken’ after being threatened and tied up in an aggravated burglary where jewellery and cash was stolen.
Two burglars broke into a property in the Sish Lane area of the town at about 12.20am yesterday, threatening and tying up the man and woman inside.
The victims – both in their 70s – were then left as the thieves took jewellery and money, making off in a vehicle.
Det Con Katy Tucker from the Stevenage Local Crime Unit is investigating. She said: “Understandably the victims have been left extremely shaken by what has happened and the man suffered minor injuries during the incident.
“I would appeal to anyone who was in this area and saw a vehicle in suspicious circumstances to please contact police, or if you have any information at all which could assist the investigation, I would also like to hear from.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should call police on non-emergency number 101 quoting crime reference number E1/15/4697.
Alternatively you can contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or via the anonymous online form at www.crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 Residents consulted on redevelopment of Letchworth's Hawksley bungalows
- 2 Woman trapped in car after colliding with tree on A602
- 3 Stevenage schoolboy wins national chef award
- 4 A602 remains partially shut in Stevenage after crash
- 5 Armed Forces Day 2021: Great day promised with pop-up museum and Spitfire fly-past
- 6 H-Town Almost Unlocked to celebrate 'eclectic mix' of Hitchin retailers
- 7 Special needs school's urgent appeal for swim helpers
- 8 Stevenage council: 'More flats will bring life to town'
- 9 Developer appointed for new Baldock neighbourhoods
- 10 Appeal to save Astonbury Wood is successful