Stevenage pensioners feature in BBC One Show bus pass race
- Credit: Archant
Two Stevenage pensioners feature in a bus pass race on BBC’s The One Show tonight.
Colin Wilkinson and Andrea Stanton had to travel from the town centre to sweetshop Chocolat Chocolat on St Andrew’s Street, Cambridge, using only their free bus passes.
They were pitted against a couple from Norwich.
The programme was seeking to highlight how important the passes are to pensioner’s mobility.
On their arrival the couple were rewarded with a chocolate bus plaque handmade by the shop owner Isabelle Chappell, after coming first.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “It was a very tight race, they were quite close together in time...the winner was thrilled when he realised he came first!”
The show is broadcast on BBC1 from 7pm tonight.
- 1 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 2 Appeal to save Astonbury Wood is successful
- 3 Police officer's 'text book first aid' saves life of elderly man
- 4 Help transform overgrown land into outdoor classroom
- 5 Developer appointed for new Baldock neighbourhoods
- 6 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 7 Rotheram shines on dreary day as Datchworth dump Dunstable
- 8 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 9 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 10 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation