Stevenage pensioners feature in BBC One Show bus pass race
- Credit: Archant
Two Stevenage pensioners feature in a bus pass race on BBC’s The One Show tonight.
Colin Wilkinson and Andrea Stanton had to travel from the town centre to sweetshop Chocolat Chocolat on St Andrew’s Street, Cambridge, using only their free bus passes.
They were pitted against a couple from Norwich.
The programme was seeking to highlight how important the passes are to pensioner’s mobility.
On their arrival the couple were rewarded with a chocolate bus plaque handmade by the shop owner Isabelle Chappell, after coming first.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “It was a very tight race, they were quite close together in time...the winner was thrilled when he realised he came first!”
The show is broadcast on BBC1 from 7pm tonight.
- 1 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 2 Shop employee shaken after knifepoint robbery
- 3 Calls for extra hands to help uncover history-defining Roman bathhouse
- 4 Stevenage Charter Fair returns to town next week
- 5 Arsonist jailed for 10 years after setting 'terrifying' house fire
- 6 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 7 Consultation opens on plans for 200 flats on Office Outlet site
- 8 Boy, 13, subjected to distressing indecent exposure at leisure centre
- 9 Bedfordshire schools mark move to two-tier system
- 10 Herts Cladiators take part in London rally against 'terrible injustice'