Stevenage pensioner terrified by burglar in black wrestling mask
- Credit: Archant
A 68-year-old Stevenage pensioner has been left “very shaken” after being confronted in the early hours by a burglar in a black wrestling mask who broke into his home.
Police are appealing for witnesses and information after the aggravated burglary, which happened in Jessop Road at about 2.30am yesterday.
A man wearing a distinctive black wrestling mask entered a home and confronted its occupant – allegedly demanding money and searching the property, before leaving with a small amount of change and some tobacco.
He is described as a slim black man, about 6ft tall, who wore a grey hoodie and light-coloured denim jeans. He spoke with what is described as a foreign accent.
Det Sgt Fay Tooley said: “Fortunately the victim was not harmed during this incident, but it was a very frightening experience and he is understandably very shaken.
You may also want to watch:
“We are hoping that someone may have some information which could help this inquiry. Does anyone you know have a wrestling mask or have you seen anyone with a mask like this.”
Anyone with information should contact Det Sgt Fay Tooley on 101, quoting reference number 41/11491/18, or report online at herts.police.uk/report.
Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or go to crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 5 Schoolchildren transform underpass into art gallery to mark Clean Air Day
- 6 Poppy Appeal stalwart Les Mortimer recognised for decades of fundraising
- 7 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 8 Hertfordshire Garden Show set to return to Knebworth Park this summer
- 9 World premiere screening of film Lightships at Letchworth's Broadway cinema
- 10 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation