Stevenage pay the penalty against Bradford City
FOOTBALL League newcomers Stevenage lost 1-0 away to Bradford City today (Saturday).
Bradford City 1 Stevenage 0
A GARETH Evans penalty consigned Boro to their first league defeat of the season in a frustrating afternoon for Graham Westley’s men at the Coral Windows Stadium.
Joel Byrom was the guilty party after bringing down Lee Bullock in the box on 31 minutes.
Evans coolly stepped up to send Chris Day the wrong way from the spot.
You may also want to watch:
Boro had their chances – most notably whem Yemi Odubade shot at keeper Jon McLaughlin after finding himself unmarked and with the ball in the box after a poor pass back by City captain Shane Duff.
But Stevenage were more often than not resigned to shots from distance as Bradford sat back following their first-half goal and held on for all three points.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 5 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 6 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 7 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 8 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 9 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
* See Thursday’s Comet for reaction to Boro’s first league defeat.