Stevenage parkrun to celebrate birthday with super hero fancy dress
- Credit: Archant
Stevenage parkrun will celebrate its second birthday with a special run on Saturday morning
Organisers are encouraging people to run in fancy dress, with a super heroes theme being chosen.
Saturday’s run director is Stevenage Striders member Tracy Norris, who said: “It’s going to be fun, friendly and full of fancy dress.
“It’s my last one as run director for the foreseeable future, so it will be extra special for me.
“Parkrun is free for all, it’s a chance to enjoy one of Stevenage’s great parks, and there’s cakes and drinks at the end – so what are you waiting for?”
You may also want to watch:
More than 4,700 runners have taken part in 101 events over the two years since the parkrun began.
There will be further celebrations on Sunday as Stevenage junior parkrun turns one, with youngsters encouraged to come along to the 5k race and enjoy some cake.
- 1 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 2 Shop employee shaken after knifepoint robbery
- 3 Calls for extra hands to help uncover history-defining Roman bathhouse
- 4 Stevenage Charter Fair returns to town next week
- 5 Arsonist jailed for 10 years after setting 'terrifying' house fire
- 6 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 7 Consultation opens on plans for 200 flats on Office Outlet site
- 8 Boy, 13, subjected to distressing indecent exposure at leisure centre
- 9 Bedfordshire schools mark move to two-tier system
- 10 Herts Cladiators take part in London rally against 'terrible injustice'
The run starts at 9am on Saturday at the park off Six Hills Way, with everyone encouraged to take part – regardless of pace. The meeting point is behind the bandstand.
It’s free to take part, but you must register before you run and bring your printed barcode with you.
For more information visit parkrun.org.uk/stevenage.