Stevenage parkrun to celebrate birthday with super hero fancy dress
- Credit: Archant
Stevenage parkrun will celebrate its second birthday with a special run on Saturday morning
Organisers are encouraging people to run in fancy dress, with a super heroes theme being chosen.
Saturday’s run director is Stevenage Striders member Tracy Norris, who said: “It’s going to be fun, friendly and full of fancy dress.
“It’s my last one as run director for the foreseeable future, so it will be extra special for me.
“Parkrun is free for all, it’s a chance to enjoy one of Stevenage’s great parks, and there’s cakes and drinks at the end – so what are you waiting for?”
You may also want to watch:
More than 4,700 runners have taken part in 101 events over the two years since the parkrun began.
There will be further celebrations on Sunday as Stevenage junior parkrun turns one, with youngsters encouraged to come along to the 5k race and enjoy some cake.
- 1 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 4 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 5 Schoolchildren transform underpass into art gallery to mark Clean Air Day
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 7 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
- 8 World premiere screening of film Lightships at Letchworth's Broadway cinema
- 9 Stevenage lad donates 22 inches of hair to the Little Princess Trust
- 10 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
The run starts at 9am on Saturday at the park off Six Hills Way, with everyone encouraged to take part – regardless of pace. The meeting point is behind the bandstand.
It’s free to take part, but you must register before you run and bring your printed barcode with you.
For more information visit parkrun.org.uk/stevenage.