Stevenage parkrun to celebrate birthday with super hero fancy dress
- Credit: Archant
Stevenage parkrun will celebrate its second birthday with a special run on Saturday morning
Organisers are encouraging people to run in fancy dress, with a super heroes theme being chosen.
Saturday’s run director is Stevenage Striders member Tracy Norris, who said: “It’s going to be fun, friendly and full of fancy dress.
“It’s my last one as run director for the foreseeable future, so it will be extra special for me.
“Parkrun is free for all, it’s a chance to enjoy one of Stevenage’s great parks, and there’s cakes and drinks at the end – so what are you waiting for?”
More than 4,700 runners have taken part in 101 events over the two years since the parkrun began.
There will be further celebrations on Sunday as Stevenage junior parkrun turns one, with youngsters encouraged to come along to the 5k race and enjoy some cake.
- 1 Have your say on plans to redevelop The Forum in Stevenage
- 2 Molly-Mae Hague announces pregnancy in adorable Instagram video
- 3 Multiple homes burgled in Letchworth
- 4 Letchworth pond tested and fish removed after animals found dead
- 5 Stevenage Railway Station: Normal train service resumes after major repairs
- 6 Chocolates sold at Tesco stores recalled after health risk discovered
- 7 Baby Asian elephant calf named 'Queen' at ZSL Whipsnade Zoo
- 8 100 Herts police officers to carry nasal spray to prevent drug deaths
- 9 Two arrests made in connection with Stevenage brawl
- 10 Meteor shower known for bright fireballs begins tonight
The run starts at 9am on Saturday at the park off Six Hills Way, with everyone encouraged to take part – regardless of pace. The meeting point is behind the bandstand.
It’s free to take part, but you must register before you run and bring your printed barcode with you.
For more information visit parkrun.org.uk/stevenage.