Stevenage pair prepare to pedal 350 miles for Letchworth charity
IT’S a long way to go for a pasty but two work pals from Stevenage are cycling to Land’s End for a Letchworth GC-based charity.
Hayden Jones, of Lingfield Road, and Lewis Sage, of Brick Kiln Road, are taking on the 350-mile trip to raise much needed funds for Herts MS Therapy Centre.
They start the ride - which takes in stops in Abingdon, Bath, Honiton and Liskard - from the Centre’s Letchworth headquarters in Campus Five on Sunday, October 17, and aim to reach Land’s End in Cornwall five days later.
Both Hayden, 31, and Lewis, 26, work for Stevenage-based defence equipment company MBDA and have been preparing for the ride for several weeks.
“We’ve mainly been training locally but also took part in a 96-mile sponsored ride from London to Leicester,” said Hayden.
You may also want to watch:
“It was really enjoyable and we didn’t have any problems.”
About the challenge ahead, Hayden added: “We’re not looking forward to the 83-mile leg from Honiton to Liskard. That will be really hard with lots of hills to negotiate.
- 1 Motorcyclist dies after crash near Hitchin
- 2 Hitchin teenager convicted of raping three young people
- 3 Prime Minister Boris Johnson opens Airbus' new £35 million facility
- 4 Woman suffers facial injuries in pub assault
- 5 Two arrests made after serious assault in town centre
- 6 Treble for Codi Lee-Spavins and three points for Stotfold in victory over Letchworth
- 7 Famous faces: A look at Stevenage's most notable people
- 8 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 9 Arlesey school recognised with prestigious inclusion award
- 10 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
“All the pain will all be worth it as the Herts MS Therapy Centre is a great charity.
“Although MS is incurable it is not untreatable and the Centre offers a number of treatments, including physiotherapy and oxygen therapy.”
So far Hayden and Lewis have raised nearly �2,000 in sponsorship but hope to reach a target of �4,000.
To sponsor the pair visit www.justgiving.com/haydenandlewisrideforhmstc