Stevenage pair prepare to pedal 350 miles for Letchworth charity
IT’S a long way to go for a pasty but two work pals from Stevenage are cycling to Land’s End for a Letchworth GC-based charity.
Hayden Jones, of Lingfield Road, and Lewis Sage, of Brick Kiln Road, are taking on the 350-mile trip to raise much needed funds for Herts MS Therapy Centre.
They start the ride - which takes in stops in Abingdon, Bath, Honiton and Liskard - from the Centre’s Letchworth headquarters in Campus Five on Sunday, October 17, and aim to reach Land’s End in Cornwall five days later.
Both Hayden, 31, and Lewis, 26, work for Stevenage-based defence equipment company MBDA and have been preparing for the ride for several weeks.
“We’ve mainly been training locally but also took part in a 96-mile sponsored ride from London to Leicester,” said Hayden.
“It was really enjoyable and we didn’t have any problems.”
About the challenge ahead, Hayden added: “We’re not looking forward to the 83-mile leg from Honiton to Liskard. That will be really hard with lots of hills to negotiate.
- 1 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans
- 2 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 3 Stevenage MP earns over £4,000 per month from other jobs
- 4 Woman on trial over bottles smashed in Aldi store
- 5 High winds stop Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on event
- 6 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 7 James Bay announces intimate ‘New Songs New Stories’ solo tour for Independent Venue Week
- 8 Enter Shikari to play Club 85 gig in Hitchin as part of The National Lottery’s Revive Live Tour
- 9 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 10 Vegan market returns for final 2021 trade with festive twist
“All the pain will all be worth it as the Herts MS Therapy Centre is a great charity.
“Although MS is incurable it is not untreatable and the Centre offers a number of treatments, including physiotherapy and oxygen therapy.”
So far Hayden and Lewis have raised nearly �2,000 in sponsorship but hope to reach a target of �4,000.
To sponsor the pair visit www.justgiving.com/haydenandlewisrideforhmstc