Stevenage pair geared up for Paris bike ride for Lister cancer centre
- Credit: Archant
Two Stevenage residents will be cycling in the London to Paris bike ride for Macmillan Cancer Support, the Comet’s Charity of the Year.
Robin and Chris Selley will cycle more than 480km in four days to raise money for the new Lister Macmillan Cancer Centre at Lister Hospital in Stevenage.
The cycle ride, starting on July 2, will see Robin and his nephew Chris undertake long days in the saddle and tackle some strenuous hill climbs.
“This is a challenge I have wanted to do for some time,” said Robin.
“Having seen the effect of cancer on family, friends and through work, the new cancer centre at Lister Hospital was the obvious choice for me to support. “It is fantastic that the facilities at Lister Hospital will be redesigned and rebuilt to give the staff a chance to meet the challenges of maintaining a complex and high quality service, now and for the future.”
You may also want to watch:
Kerry Cunnane, Macmillan fundraising manager for Hertfordshire, said: “This is a tough challenge and I know Robin and Chris have been doing a lot of training to get them to the finish line at the Eiffel Tower.
“There are still a couple of spaces on the July cycle so if you would like to take part please register as soon as possible. There are also lots of alternative rides so please do get in touch if you would like to join team Macmillan.”
- 1 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 2 Shop employee shaken after knifepoint robbery
- 3 Calls for extra hands to help uncover history-defining Roman bathhouse
- 4 Stevenage Charter Fair returns to town next week
- 5 Arsonist jailed for 10 years after setting 'terrifying' house fire
- 6 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 7 Boy, 13, subjected to distressing indecent exposure at leisure centre
- 8 Consultation opens on plans for 200 flats on Office Outlet site
- 9 Bedfordshire schools mark move to two-tier system
- 10 Arrest made after man in his 40s dies in A505 crash tragedy
If you would like to take part in the London to Paris challenge visit www.macmillan.org.uk/londontoparis or for further information call the fundraising support centre on 0300 1000 200.
To support Robin and Chris visit www.justgiving.com/Robin-Selley or www.justgiving.com/chris-selley