Stevenage paedophile jailed
- Credit: Archant
A paedophile has been sentenced to 15 months in prison after pleading guilty to possessing more than 300 indecent images of children.
Guy Lawrence, of Prestatyn Close in Stevenage, was sentenced at Cambridge Crown Court after previously pleading guilty to possessing 369 indecent images of children.
The 48-year-old had also previously pleaded guilty to two counts of possessing an extreme pornographic image portraying a sexual act with an animal, and two counts of breaching a sex offender order.
Lawrence, who was bailed following his guilty pleas in January while he awaited sentencing, was reported missing on March 11 and was found in Stevenage two days later.
He was then charged with possessing a bladed article - a lock knife - to which he pleaded not guilty on March 15.
He has been remanded in custody until April 16, when he will appear at Stevenage Magistrates’ Court for this additional charge.
- 1 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans
- 2 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 3 Stevenage MP earns over £4,000 per month from other jobs
- 4 Woman on trial over bottles smashed in Aldi store
- 5 High winds stop Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on event
- 6 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 7 Enter Shikari to play Club 85 gig in Hitchin as part of The National Lottery’s Revive Live Tour
- 8 James Bay announces intimate ‘New Songs New Stories’ solo tour for Independent Venue Week
- 9 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 10 Vegan market returns for final 2021 trade with festive twist