Stevenage paedophile goes missing while out on bail
- Credit: Archant
A paedophile has gone missing while out on bail awaiting sentence for possessing more than 300 indecent images of children.
Guy Lawrence, of Prestatyn Close in Stevenage, was reported missing last night (Tuesday) and police are appealing for information on his whereabouts.
Lawrence pleaded guilty to possessing 369 indecent images of children when he appeared at Stevenage Magistrates’ Court on January 13.
Four photographs were rated Level 5 - the most serious - 118 Level 4, 123 Level 3, 23 Level 2 and 101 Level 1.
The 48-year-old also pleaded guilty to two counts of possessing an extreme pornographic image portraying a sexual act with an animal, and two counts of breaching a sex offender order.
He was released on bail while awaiting sentence at Cambridge Crown Court on a date to be determined, but has now gone missing.
He is described as a white man, 5ft 6ins tall and of slim build. He has dark brown shaven hair and a moustache. He was last seen wearing a dark coloured t-shirt, dark blue jeans, dark blue denim jacket and black trainers.
- 1 Man dies following medical episode at Stevenage Cineworld
- 2 Meet Izabela: The inspiring Stevenage baker with MS
- 3 Council plea fails to stop Stevenage Charter Fair goldfish prizes
- 4 Letchworth pond tested and fish removed after animals found dead
- 5 Motorcyclist 'breaks leg and knee' in Stevenage crash
- 6 All the Thameslink routes which will run during the early October strike
- 7 The Queen's cause of death has been revealed
- 8 Police 'concerned for welfare' of missing 16-year-old from Letchworth
- 9 Multiple homes burgled in Letchworth
- 10 Final warning to read energy meters ahead of price hike
Anyone who has seen Lawrence, or who sees him, is asked to call police on non-emergency number 101.