Stevenage paedophile admits making and sharing indecent images of children
- Credit: Archant
A sex offender from Stevenage has admitted making numerous indecent photographs and videos of children and sharing them online.
David Thomas Overall of Merrick Close, admitted the charges at St Albans Crown Court on Friday.
He pleaded guilty to one count of distributing an indecent image of a child which he sent online via Skype – to Skype user JOHN.SMITH28360 – on January 23.
He also admitted sending indecent images of children using Yahoo Messenger on February 2 this year.
These included 10 of the most extreme category (category A) images, eight category B images and 20 category C images. They were sent to four separate Yahoo users.
You may also want to watch:
On or before February 2 he admitted making 19 category A indecent images of children and storing them on a hard drive.
Adjourning the case for pre-sentence reports, Judge Warner warned Overall that just because he was seeking more information about him, it did not mean he would not go to prison.
- 1 Shop employee shaken after knifepoint robbery
- 2 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 3 Calls for extra hands to help uncover history-defining Roman bathhouse
- 4 Stevenage Charter Fair returns to town next week
- 5 Arsonist jailed for 10 years after setting 'terrifying' house fire
- 6 Boy, 13, subjected to distressing indecent exposure at leisure centre
- 7 Consultation opens on plans for 200 flats on Office Outlet site
- 8 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 9 No positives for Revell as Boro meekly surrender to Forest Green Rovers
- 10 Arrest made after man in his 40s dies in A505 crash tragedy
“You need to understand that”, he said.
Overall was ordered to sign the sex offences register before he left court and was bailed on condition he lives and sleeps at his home address in Merrick Close, does not contact named relatives, has no contact with under 16-year-olds through work and no unsupervised contact with them outside work, does not use the internet to access pornography and does not use Facebook, Skype or other online platforms with a few exceptions.
He will be sentenced at the same court on November 2.