Stevenage paedophile admits making and sharing indecent images of children
- Credit: Archant
A sex offender from Stevenage has admitted making numerous indecent photographs and videos of children and sharing them online.
David Thomas Overall of Merrick Close, admitted the charges at St Albans Crown Court on Friday.
He pleaded guilty to one count of distributing an indecent image of a child which he sent online via Skype – to Skype user JOHN.SMITH28360 – on January 23.
He also admitted sending indecent images of children using Yahoo Messenger on February 2 this year.
These included 10 of the most extreme category (category A) images, eight category B images and 20 category C images. They were sent to four separate Yahoo users.
On or before February 2 he admitted making 19 category A indecent images of children and storing them on a hard drive.
Adjourning the case for pre-sentence reports, Judge Warner warned Overall that just because he was seeking more information about him, it did not mean he would not go to prison.
- 1 ATM stolen during ram raid at Baldock store
- 2 Stevenage siblings launch funeral fundraiser following Covid death of mum at 47
- 3 Schoolgirl inappropriately touched while walking home
- 4 Council to build new car park to improve entrance into town
- 5 Two North Herts councillors sent council tax summons
- 6 Hitchin Forum: Westward Ho! Stevenage first, North Herts next!
- 7 10-year-old Ayana makes 'phenomenal' stage debut in The Lion King
- 8 Latest on Stevenage Marks & Spencer store opening
- 9 Vista Tower resident welcomes cladding funds but 'still more to be done'
- 10 MP insists no one in Mid Beds is angry with the PM over partygate
“You need to understand that”, he said.
Overall was ordered to sign the sex offences register before he left court and was bailed on condition he lives and sleeps at his home address in Merrick Close, does not contact named relatives, has no contact with under 16-year-olds through work and no unsupervised contact with them outside work, does not use the internet to access pornography and does not use Facebook, Skype or other online platforms with a few exceptions.
He will be sentenced at the same court on November 2.