Stevenage paedophile admits making and sharing indecent images of children
- Credit: Archant
A sex offender from Stevenage has admitted making numerous indecent photographs and videos of children and sharing them online.
David Thomas Overall of Merrick Close, admitted the charges at St Albans Crown Court on Friday.
He pleaded guilty to one count of distributing an indecent image of a child which he sent online via Skype – to Skype user JOHN.SMITH28360 – on January 23.
He also admitted sending indecent images of children using Yahoo Messenger on February 2 this year.
These included 10 of the most extreme category (category A) images, eight category B images and 20 category C images. They were sent to four separate Yahoo users.
On or before February 2 he admitted making 19 category A indecent images of children and storing them on a hard drive.
Adjourning the case for pre-sentence reports, Judge Warner warned Overall that just because he was seeking more information about him, it did not mean he would not go to prison.
- 1 Have your say on plans to redevelop The Forum in Stevenage
- 2 Letchworth pond tested and fish removed after animals found dead
- 3 Multiple homes burgled in Letchworth
- 4 All the Thameslink routes which will run during the early October strike
- 5 Over 55s invited to 'Ageing Together' event to improve housing needs
- 6 Education provider for children who struggle in school celebrates milestone
- 7 Baby Asian elephant calf named 'Queen' at ZSL Whipsnade Zoo
- 8 Stevenage Railway Station: Normal train service resumes after major repairs
- 9 Standalone 10k keeps getting better and better says race boss
- 10 Stevenage stabbings: Three men suffer life-changing injuries
“You need to understand that”, he said.
Overall was ordered to sign the sex offences register before he left court and was bailed on condition he lives and sleeps at his home address in Merrick Close, does not contact named relatives, has no contact with under 16-year-olds through work and no unsupervised contact with them outside work, does not use the internet to access pornography and does not use Facebook, Skype or other online platforms with a few exceptions.
He will be sentenced at the same court on November 2.