Stevenage nutritionist to host free talk urging other women to ‘Ditch the Diet’
- Credit: Archant
A Stevenage nutritionist will be calling on other women to ‘Ditch the Diet’ at a free talk in the town this weekend.
Colette Cooper, who lives in Chells, is among those backing a national campaign aimed at helping women lose weight without consigning themselves to dieting for the rest of their lives.
The 35-year-old mother-of-two became involved in the Ditch the Diet initiative – which involves a six-month programme – after suffering from health problems and wanting to eat more healthily.
“We want women to reclaim their health, to ditch the dieting mentality, chase after their health and wellbeing and let weight loss come as a by-product,” said Colette.
“If we see women coming back time and time again to our programme we have failed.
“The idea is for us to educate women on what foods are best to eat, the importance of stress, lifestyle factors, how the gut works and problematic foods, easy ways to incorporate exercise into your life, and to make it all part of your life – not for a diet to be your life.”
Colette’s talk starts at 2.30pm on Saturday at Timebridge Community Centre in Mobbsbury Way.
- 1 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 2 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans
- 3 Woman on trial over bottles smashed in Aldi store
- 4 High winds stop Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on event
- 5 Stevenage MP earns over £4,000 per month from other jobs
- 6 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 7 Missing Letchworth woman found safe and well
- 8 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 9 James Bay announces intimate ‘New Songs New Stories’ solo tour for Independent Venue Week
- 10 Enter Shikari to play Club 85 gig in Hitchin as part of The National Lottery’s Revive Live Tour
To find out more call Colette on 07906 912950 or email email@example.com.
Alternatively you can visit www.ditchthedietuk.com.