Stevenage nurse who goes the extra mile honoured in tyre firm’s thank you campaign
- Credit: Archant
A nurse from Stevenage has had her heroic efforts recognised by a Letchworth tyre company during the coronavirus pandemic.
Paula Phillips was nominated by her neighbours for all her hard work at Lister Hospital and for always going the ‘extra mile’ to take care of those most in need in our community.
STS Tyre Pros ran the campaign which encouraged the public to nominate NHS and emergency workers in their local area to win free tyres for their vehicle.
Now, Paula’s Nissan has received a set of brand new tyres and she says she was “blown away” after finding out the good news.
She said: “I am blown away with the comments of the people that nominated me. I have only been doing the job I’m trained to do, which I love doing. I can’t believe I won.”
You may also want to watch:
Lee Soley, centre manager at Tyre Pros in Letchworth, said: “We are delighted to be helping celebrate local heroes all over the country.
“The work NHS and emergency service employees are doing is truly amazing and this has been a great campaign to recognise a few of them. I’d like to take this opportunity to thank everyone working hard to keep the nation safe.”
- 1 Woman named after pleading guilty to fly-tipping offence
- 2 Body found in search for missing woman
- 3 Government curbs council's powers to block new homes
- 4 CCTV appeal after fraud incident in Stevenage
- 5 Good Samaritan becomes victim of attempted robbery in Stevenage
- 6 Movies announced for drive-in cinema's return to Knebworth
- 7 See inside this beautiful Edwardian property fit for a multi-millionaire
- 8 COVID-19 cases continue to plummet in Stevenage and North Herts
- 9 Five Guys to open as lockdown restrictions ease
- 10 Historic school to close at end of academic year