Stevenage music competition offers incredible prize for up-and-coming talent
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
A music competition is to be held in Stevenage over the coming months, with the winner receiving the opportunity of a lifetime.
The Blueprint Acoustic Music Project is being held at Flava Bar in Town Square, and is designed to give one talented musician a stepping stone in their career.
The event’s organisers, Venues Possible, have worked in association with A Touch of Eleganze promotions and SoundView Studios to provide the prize.
The winner will receive a recording session with SoundView – whose clients include Katie Melua and 2009 X Factor winner Joe McElderry – with a track professionally mixed by Pascal Magdinier.
The song will also be given airtime on radio stations in the area, and the winner will also be treated to a photoshoot.
You may also want to watch:
Christopher Joe Hill, who has helped organise the competition, has hopes that it will inspire musical talent.
He said: “We would like to think we are helping inspire and give opportunity to local original acts, as a stepping stone to achieve bigger things.
- 1 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 4 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 5 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 6 Stevenage lad donates 22 inches of hair to the Little Princess Trust
- 7 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 8 Freedom Day: Events to go ahead but hospitality will be affected, says BID manager
- 9 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
- 10 Survivors Against Domestic Abuse opens 23rd safe space as demand for services rises
“There is something for all the family at these events, as under-18s are allowed in with a responsible adult.”
In total, 18 performers will battle it out in no fewer than three heats to be one of the competition’s six finalists.
The first heat will be held on Friday, July 13 – with heat two following on Friday, August 17, before the final heat on Friday, September 7.
The final is set to take place on October 19, with an appearance from DJ RHitz.
Judges will decide who goes through from each heat and the overall winner of the competition, with Pascal Magdinier joined by Carl Dawson from SoundView Studios and radio presenter Terry Sullivan.
The audience will also get a chance to vote for their favourite artist in each round.
Doors to the event will open at 8pm – with free entry before 10pm, and a fee of £5 to get in afterwards.
Under-18s are also able to attend, but must be accompanied by an adult.
To find out more information about the event, have a look online at www.facebook.com – look up the ‘Acoustic Blueprint Project’.