Stevenage music competition offers incredible prize for up-and-coming talent
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
A music competition is to be held in Stevenage over the coming months, with the winner receiving the opportunity of a lifetime.
The Blueprint Acoustic Music Project is being held at Flava Bar in Town Square, and is designed to give one talented musician a stepping stone in their career.
The event’s organisers, Venues Possible, have worked in association with A Touch of Eleganze promotions and SoundView Studios to provide the prize.
The winner will receive a recording session with SoundView – whose clients include Katie Melua and 2009 X Factor winner Joe McElderry – with a track professionally mixed by Pascal Magdinier.
The song will also be given airtime on radio stations in the area, and the winner will also be treated to a photoshoot.
Christopher Joe Hill, who has helped organise the competition, has hopes that it will inspire musical talent.
He said: “We would like to think we are helping inspire and give opportunity to local original acts, as a stepping stone to achieve bigger things.
- 1 Rising costs see refill store in Letchworth close for good
- 2 Two men from North Herts wanted by police for failing to attend court
- 3 Family's car window smashed in overnight criminal damage
- 4 Stevenage store wins Opticians of the Year award
- 5 Henlow pub landlord calls last orders on annual beer festival
- 6 Celebrating 50 years of Stevenage's Fairlands Valley Park
- 7 All the Thameslink routes which will run during the early October strike
- 8 Missing 16-year-old from Letchworth found 'safe and well'
- 9 Motorcyclist 'breaks leg and knee' in Stevenage crash
- 10 Man dies following medical episode at Stevenage Cineworld
“There is something for all the family at these events, as under-18s are allowed in with a responsible adult.”
In total, 18 performers will battle it out in no fewer than three heats to be one of the competition’s six finalists.
The first heat will be held on Friday, July 13 – with heat two following on Friday, August 17, before the final heat on Friday, September 7.
The final is set to take place on October 19, with an appearance from DJ RHitz.
Judges will decide who goes through from each heat and the overall winner of the competition, with Pascal Magdinier joined by Carl Dawson from SoundView Studios and radio presenter Terry Sullivan.
The audience will also get a chance to vote for their favourite artist in each round.
Doors to the event will open at 8pm – with free entry before 10pm, and a fee of £5 to get in afterwards.
Under-18s are also able to attend, but must be accompanied by an adult.
To find out more information about the event, have a look online at www.facebook.com – look up the ‘Acoustic Blueprint Project’.