Stevenage Museum set to reopen after flood damaged floor is finally repaired
- Credit: Archant
Stevenage Museum will reopen its doors on Saturday, March 12 – almost nine months after a flood wrecked the floor forcing it to close.
Repair work on the floor in the main lecture room which was damaged during heavy rains in July last year has now been carried out.
There will be a special open day to celebrate the re-opening and visitors will be able to enjoy Tudor dancing from 1.30pm to 2.15pm and from 2.45pm to 3.30pm.
There will also be a Tudor mystery object quiz, and refreshments will be available.
The event is being organised by museum staff with the help of new youth volunteers who are pupils at the town’s Nobel School.
You may also want to watch:
A ‘future proof’ event, giving people the chance to have their say on what the museum does well and what it can improve on, will also take place next Thursday, March 10, from 2pm to 4pm and 4.30pm to 6.30pm.
Richard Henry, Stevenage Borough Council’s head of leisure services, said: “I am very pleased to announce that Stevenage Museum will fully reopen in March.
- 1 Arrests made after assault leaves victim with lacerations to the head
- 2 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 3 Ambulance called to crash between motorcycle and van in Stevenage
- 4 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 5 GP surgery blamed for young cancer victim's late diagnosis
- 6 I went to Stevenage Charter Fair for the first time, and here's what I thought
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 Hospice volunteers mark Churchgate Day on the catwalk with vintage fashion show
- 9 Historic family jewellers scoops up industry awards
- 10 Hertfordshire's adult social care workers honoured at award ceremony
“Our staff and volunteers have worked incredibly hard since the museum closed to get us to a stage where we can look forward to reopening so I would like to thank them for their efforts.
“On behalf of the council I would also like to express my thanks to the other organisations and partners, including North Herts Museum, that have helped out.”
To find out more about what is going on at the museum visit www.stevenage.gov.uk/news-and-events.