Stevenage murder victim’s family say: ‘More could and should have been done’
- Credit: Archant
THE parents of murder victim Amelia Arnold have said more should have been done to help their daughter.
Speaking after her former boyfriend Jack Wall was convicted of her murder, Miss Arnold’s family said: “We are obviously extremely pleased with the verdict of the jury. They have taken time to go over the facts and have reached the correct decision, and I thank them for that.
“I would just like to say that more could have and should have been done to help my daughter Amelia.
“She was so scared of this man that she was unable to tell her family how she had been treated, and threatened that if she did tell anyone especially the police he would kill her.
“No one should be treated the way my daughter was prior to her death, and no matter what the outcome of the jury was to be, she was killed in the worse possible way in my opinion. She was beaten to death.
You may also want to watch:
“Nothing is going to bring Amelia back to us. We will never get over this tragedy, but in time the loving, funny, beautiful memories of Amelia will over shadow this horrific period.”
Wall, 22, who lived with Miss Arnold in Hadrian’s Walk, Stevenage, was convicted this morning (Friday), after jurors unanimously returned a guilty verdict.
- 1 Tottenham test for Stevenage after draw for Papa John's Trophy
- 2 Lidl targets new Hertfordshire store locations
- 3 Stevenage council: 'More flats will bring life to town'
- 4 Stevenage nursing home celebrates Pride
- 5 Hitchin Boys' teacher honoured with national award
- 6 79-year-old pens autobiography inspired by move to Hitchin care home
- 7 Residents consulted on redevelopment of Letchworth's Hawksley bungalows
- 8 Stevenage get big derby clash in first round of Carabao Cup
- 9 Broadband speeds 15x faster than average set to arrive thanks to major investment
- 10 Woman trapped in car after colliding with tree on A602
He had denied murder, but pleaded guilty to manslaughter.
He is due to be sentenced on Monday.