Stevenage murder victim’s family say: ‘More could and should have been done’
- Credit: Archant
THE parents of murder victim Amelia Arnold have said more should have been done to help their daughter.
Speaking after her former boyfriend Jack Wall was convicted of her murder, Miss Arnold’s family said: “We are obviously extremely pleased with the verdict of the jury. They have taken time to go over the facts and have reached the correct decision, and I thank them for that.
“I would just like to say that more could have and should have been done to help my daughter Amelia.
“She was so scared of this man that she was unable to tell her family how she had been treated, and threatened that if she did tell anyone especially the police he would kill her.
“No one should be treated the way my daughter was prior to her death, and no matter what the outcome of the jury was to be, she was killed in the worse possible way in my opinion. She was beaten to death.
“Nothing is going to bring Amelia back to us. We will never get over this tragedy, but in time the loving, funny, beautiful memories of Amelia will over shadow this horrific period.”
Wall, 22, who lived with Miss Arnold in Hadrian’s Walk, Stevenage, was convicted this morning (Friday), after jurors unanimously returned a guilty verdict.
- 1 Have your say on plans to redevelop The Forum in Stevenage
- 2 Molly-Mae Hague announces pregnancy in adorable Instagram video
- 3 Multiple homes burgled in Letchworth
- 4 Letchworth pond tested and fish removed after animals found dead
- 5 Stevenage Railway Station: Normal train service resumes after major repairs
- 6 Chocolates sold at Tesco stores recalled after health risk discovered
- 7 Baby Asian elephant calf named 'Queen' at ZSL Whipsnade Zoo
- 8 100 Herts police officers to carry nasal spray to prevent drug deaths
- 9 Two arrests made in connection with Stevenage brawl
- 10 Meteor shower known for bright fireballs begins tonight
He had denied murder, but pleaded guilty to manslaughter.
He is due to be sentenced on Monday.