Stevenage murder: man wanted by police
A MAN is being hunted by police in connection with the murder of a missing teenage girl.
Jack Wall is wanted to help police with their enquiries, following the disappearance of a girl in her late teens who has not been seen since Wednesday.
Despite efforts to trace the girl she has not been found.
Wall, is 22 and from Hadrian’s Walk, Stevenage.
Police believe he is blind in one eye so has a distinctive squint.
Detective chief inspector Tim Redfearn said: “We have reason to believe that the missing woman has been murdered and we’d urgently like to speak with Jack Wall in connection with this enquiry.
“It is likely he may be in the Stevenage area, but he could be further afield.
- 1 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 2 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans
- 3 Stevenage MP earns over £4,000 per month from other jobs
- 4 Woman on trial over bottles smashed in Aldi store
- 5 High winds stop Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on event
- 6 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 7 James Bay announces intimate ‘New Songs New Stories’ solo tour for Independent Venue Week
- 8 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 9 Enter Shikari to play Club 85 gig in Hitchin as part of The National Lottery’s Revive Live Tour
- 10 Vegan market returns for final 2021 trade with festive twist
“I would urge anyone who has information about his wherabouts to call police as a matter of urgency.”
He added: “I’d also like to appeal directly to Jack, if you are reading this please go to Stevenage or your nearest police station to speak to officers.”
DCI Redfearn added: “We would also like to appeal to anyone who may have witnessed anyone acting suspicoulsly in a white Citroen Berlingo, registration R839 VDP in the Stevenage area since Wednesday.”
A 41-year-old man has been arrested in connection with the investigation and is in police custody at this time.
Call police with information on the non-emergency number 101.