Stevenage murder investigation: Residents waking up in middle of crime scene were told by police to stay indoors
- Credit: Archant
Residents on Long Leaves in Stevenage were told to stay indoors this morning after they woke up to find their homes cordoned off by police as part of a murder investigation.
Officers had been called to Angle Ways at 4.20am after reports that a man had been found lying in the street.
Police later confirmed the man, in his 40s, had suffered serious injuries and was taken to the town’s Lister Hospital – where he was pronounced dead.
A number of residents told the Comet they were unable to leave their homes due to a police cordon put up around the crime scene.
A man said police were asking questions from door to door this morning and told people they were looking for a knife.
You may also want to watch:
Three men – an 18-year-old from London, a 35-year-old from Stevenage and a 57-year-old also from the town – have all been arrested on suspicion of murder, as has a 43-year-old woman from Stevenage.
Much of the police cordon has now been lifted except for the front garden of a house in Long Leaves which has a white police tent outside.
- 1 Ambulance called to crash between motorcycle and van in Stevenage
- 2 I went to Stevenage Charter Fair for the first time, and here's what I thought
- 3 Historic family jewellers scoops up industry awards
- 4 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 5 GP surgery blamed for young cancer victim's late diagnosis
- 6 Appeal after dog attack in Stevenage park
- 7 Stevenage has 'no money left' for new special needs children, says county council
- 8 Letchworth hub will get to the 'heart of community'
- 9 Sacrifices made as Stevenage defiantly answer their critics at Harrogate Town
- 10 Teaching assistant celebrates 50 years of working at school