Stevenage murder investigation: Residents waking up in middle of crime scene were told by police to stay indoors
- Credit: Archant
Residents on Long Leaves in Stevenage were told to stay indoors this morning after they woke up to find their homes cordoned off by police as part of a murder investigation.
Officers had been called to Angle Ways at 4.20am after reports that a man had been found lying in the street.
Police later confirmed the man, in his 40s, had suffered serious injuries and was taken to the town’s Lister Hospital – where he was pronounced dead.
A number of residents told the Comet they were unable to leave their homes due to a police cordon put up around the crime scene.
A man said police were asking questions from door to door this morning and told people they were looking for a knife.
You may also want to watch:
Three men – an 18-year-old from London, a 35-year-old from Stevenage and a 57-year-old also from the town – have all been arrested on suspicion of murder, as has a 43-year-old woman from Stevenage.
Much of the police cordon has now been lifted except for the front garden of a house in Long Leaves which has a white police tent outside.
- 1 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 5 Schoolchildren transform underpass into art gallery to mark Clean Air Day
- 6 Poppy Appeal stalwart Les Mortimer recognised for decades of fundraising
- 7 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 8 Hertfordshire Garden Show set to return to Knebworth Park this summer
- 9 World premiere screening of film Lightships at Letchworth's Broadway cinema
- 10 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation