Stevenage murder: detectives given more time
Murder enquiry officers have been given more time to question a 22-year-old Stevenage man.
The man was arrested yesterday (Sunday) on suspicion of murdering 19-year-old Amelia Arnold.
Police had until 11am today (Monday) to charge him or let him go.
A spokeswoman for Herts Police said: “We have been given more time to question a 22-year-old from Stevenage on suspicion of murder.”
The body of a woman has been found in a wooded area of Travellers Lane, Hatfield.
You may also want to watch:
Police believe it to be Miss Arnold.
- 1 Calls for extra hands to help uncover history-defining Roman bathhouse
- 2 Medical spa at the front of breaking down taboos about cosmetic treatments opens in Stevenage
- 3 Stevenage Charter Fair returns to town next week
- 4 CCTV appeal after distressing indecent exposure at leisure centre
- 5 Consultation opens on plans for 200 flats on Office Outlet site
- 6 Have your say on future of Stevenage High Street
- 7 Youths to be questioned by police in connection with fountain foam
- 8 What you need to know about the changing divorce laws
- 9 Darcie's Wish fundraising back on track after 18 months
- 10 Woman suffers cuts and bruises in pub glassing