Stevenage mum jetting off to LA for son’s Hollywood film premiere
- Credit: Archant
THE mum of a Hollywood star is getting ready to jet off to America to join her son on the red carpet.
Sheila Turner is flying to Los Angeles next month for the premiere of US film To Have and To Hold, where her son Aiden plays the lead role.
Sheila, of Oakwell Close in Stevenage, watched her son grow up in the town and appear on television in EastEnders and The Bill before he moved across the Pond in 2002.
Aiden spent the next seven years in American soap All My Children, a role he was given an Emmy nomination for.
The 35-year-old, who lives in LA, has also appeared alongside the likes of Pussycat Doll Nicole Scherzinger, Baywatch babe Pamela Anderson and former astronaut Buzz Aldrin in the US version of Strictly Come Dancing.
You may also want to watch:
Speaking to the Comet about his move to the US, Sheila said: “He’s always been obsessed with America even as a child but I never thought he would leave the UK. He was always a home bird but when he decided to go and live abroad after meeting an American girl I was devastated.
“I still hear from him all the time on the phone though, he’s been telling me it’s 19 degrees and sunny at the moment.”
- 1 Regeneration plans submitted to 'breathe new life' into Stevenage retail park
- 2 Man suffers head injury after fall from moving car
- 3 Video of woman spewing racial hate in Hitchin goes viral
- 4 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 5 Proposed 5G mast labelled 'monstrosity' by objecting residents and councillors
- 6 Bomb squad attends residential street in Letchworth
- 7 Demolition work begins on former Matalan site to make way for flats
- 8 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 9 The hidden history of Hitchin's disappeared pubs
- 10 App launched to promote shopping at local businesses
The 66-year-old, who used to run lettings agency Accommodation Management in Knebworth before retiring, is now looking forward to joining Aiden for the film premiere on February 14, an experience she is more prepared for after going along to the Emmys.
“Now I’ve been to one it’s not so bad as I know what to expect this time,” said the mother-of-two.
“All the crowd are constantly screaming, although when they see me they probably think ‘who is that’?”
As for Aiden’s next career move, his mum thinks he would be a good fit for 007 as a replacement for Daniel Craig having played a James Bond character in a Mercedes car advert.
“The producer of All My Children said he would make a great James Bond and on betting website Paddy Power he’s 40/1 to be next,” said Sheila.