Stevenage mum avoids jail after drink driving with baby in car
- Credit: Archant
A mum has avoided jail after pleading guilty to drink driving with her six-week-old baby in the car.
Leanne Adams, of Skegness Road in Stevenage, was twice the legal alcohol limit when she was driving her Volkswagen Golf “at excessive speed” in Hooks Cross – between Stevenage and Watton-at-Stone – on May 3 last year.
The 24-year-old had 159 milligrammes of alcohol in 100 millilitres of blood. The legal UK limit is 80 milligrammes.
She was sentenced to eight weeks in prison, suspended for 12 months, at Stevenage Magistrates’ Court.
The court said the custodial sentence was because the offence was “so serious”, with aggravating factors that “she had her six-week-old baby in the car and was driving at excessive speed while over the limit”.
You may also want to watch:
Adams has also been banned from driving for 22 months and been ordered to pay £85 to the CPS and £115 to victim services.
- 1 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 2 Letchworth BID responds after manager unexpectedly jailed
- 3 Christopher Hewett: Teenage boys found guilty of murder and manslaughter
- 4 Police hunt 36-year-old wanted for harassment and restraining order breaches
- 5 Tributes to Poppy Appeal stalwart and 'true gentleman' Les Mortimer
- 6 How many people in our area have been 'pinged' by NHS COVID app?
- 7 Weather warning for rain on the horizon after scorching heatwave
- 8 Walk-in vaccine slots available this week
- 9 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 10 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays