Stevenage mum admits sex offence after sending boy, 15, indecent pictures on Facebook
- Credit: Archant
A mother-of-four is facing prison after pleading guilty to inciting a child to engage in sexual activity.
Frances Schneider, of Trumper Road in Stevenage, sent photographs of her breasts and vagina via Facebook Messenger to a 15-year-old boy, who cannot be named for legal reasons.
The 32-year-old was arrested in November after the boy’s mother called police.
Police seized the boy’s phone and found explicit messages and indecent images from Schneider.
The message content included: ‘Are you horny?’ and ‘Are you touching yourself?’.
You may also want to watch:
Schneider initially denied she knew the victim was 15, claiming he told her he was 17, and she pleaded not guilty to the offence.
But on Friday – four days before she was due to stand trial – she changed her plea to guilty.
- 1 Stevenage council: 'More flats will bring life to town'
- 2 Hitchin Boys' teacher honoured with national award
- 3 Cancelled school trip to red list Peru sees some students losing £2,250
- 4 Residents consulted on redevelopment of Letchworth's Hawksley bungalows
- 5 Woman trapped in car after colliding with tree on A602
- 6 Stevenage nursing home celebrates Pride
- 7 'COVID can't stop us!' - Zimbabwe school fees raised with garden party after Stevenage Day cancelled
- 8 National charity challenge for Samaritans makes its way through Hitchin
- 9 A602 remains partially shut in Stevenage after crash
- 10 H-Town Almost Unlocked to celebrate 'eclectic mix' of Hitchin retailers
Today she appeared at Stevenage Magistrates’ Court where prosecutor Ms Morrissey requested a custodial sentence be considered due to the “degree of planning and forethought” and a “lack of remorse” from Schneider.
She also asked the late guilty plea to be taken into consideration.
She said: “The victim didn’t want to come and give evidence because it’s all too shocking and stressful for him.
“He is preparing for his GCSEs and hasn’t been able to properly do that.”
The court heard how Schneider’s four children are all in foster care, or care of family members, due to neglect.
Defending, Bobby Dhillon asked for Schneider’s learning difficulties to be taken into consideration.
Schneider, who must now sign the Sex Offenders’ Register, has been given conditional bail and will be sentenced at Stevenage Magistrates’ Court on May 12.
Her bail conditions include having no contact with anyone under 16 in a private place and not accessing social networking sites.