Stevenage mum admits sex offence after sending boy, 15, indecent pictures on Facebook
- Credit: Archant
A mother-of-four is facing prison after pleading guilty to inciting a child to engage in sexual activity.
Frances Schneider, of Trumper Road in Stevenage, sent photographs of her breasts and vagina via Facebook Messenger to a 15-year-old boy, who cannot be named for legal reasons.
The 32-year-old was arrested in November after the boy’s mother called police.
Police seized the boy’s phone and found explicit messages and indecent images from Schneider.
The message content included: ‘Are you horny?’ and ‘Are you touching yourself?’.
You may also want to watch:
Schneider initially denied she knew the victim was 15, claiming he told her he was 17, and she pleaded not guilty to the offence.
But on Friday – four days before she was due to stand trial – she changed her plea to guilty.
- 1 Shop employee shaken after knifepoint robbery
- 2 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 3 Calls for extra hands to help uncover history-defining Roman bathhouse
- 4 Arsonist jailed for 10 years after setting 'terrifying' house fire
- 5 Stevenage Charter Fair returns to town next week
- 6 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 7 Consultation opens on plans for 200 flats on Office Outlet site
- 8 Boy, 13, subjected to distressing indecent exposure at leisure centre
- 9 Bedfordshire schools mark move to two-tier system
- 10 Herts Cladiators take part in London rally against 'terrible injustice'
Today she appeared at Stevenage Magistrates’ Court where prosecutor Ms Morrissey requested a custodial sentence be considered due to the “degree of planning and forethought” and a “lack of remorse” from Schneider.
She also asked the late guilty plea to be taken into consideration.
She said: “The victim didn’t want to come and give evidence because it’s all too shocking and stressful for him.
“He is preparing for his GCSEs and hasn’t been able to properly do that.”
The court heard how Schneider’s four children are all in foster care, or care of family members, due to neglect.
Defending, Bobby Dhillon asked for Schneider’s learning difficulties to be taken into consideration.
Schneider, who must now sign the Sex Offenders’ Register, has been given conditional bail and will be sentenced at Stevenage Magistrates’ Court on May 12.
Her bail conditions include having no contact with anyone under 16 in a private place and not accessing social networking sites.