Stevenage fishing match raises vital funds for Essex and Herts Air Ambulance
- Credit: Archant
A 24-hour fundraising fishing match has raised £1,120 for the Essex and Herts Air Ambulance.
Carping4Charity Stevenage combines a group’s love of fishing with the opportunity to help different charities, and the annual fishing match was held at Fairlands Valley Park’s fishing lake in the town.
The group’s chairman, Mark Clifford-Smith, said: “We managed to raise a big total of £1,120. One of our young fishermen, Mark Wells, who sacrificed a school trip just to help out, raised £90 from school - well done Mark, we are very proud of you.
“We would also like to thank our Stevenage MP, Stephen McPartland, for supporting us at our yearly match.
“We hope everyone enjoyed themselves and didn’t get too sunburnt!”
You may also want to watch:
Mr McPartland said: “It is always great fun and it’s amazing how much effort goes into this event. It shows the real community spirit at the heart of our town.”
- 1 Regeneration plans submitted to 'breathe new life' into Stevenage retail park
- 2 Man suffers head injury after fall from moving car
- 3 Video of woman spewing racial hate in Hitchin goes viral
- 4 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 5 Proposed 5G mast labelled 'monstrosity' by objecting residents and councillors
- 6 Bomb squad attends residential street in Letchworth
- 7 Demolition work begins on former Matalan site to make way for flats
- 8 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 9 The hidden history of Hitchin's disappeared pubs
- 10 App launched to promote shopping at local businesses