Stevenage MP pledges to stand ‘shoulder to shoulder’ with constituents during crisis
- Credit: Archant
Stevenage MP Stephen McPartland has this morning delivered a message of support to his constituents who are battling the country’s coronavirus emergency.
He said: “Many of us are worried about loved ones during this national emergency, but we will get through it together. Let me know if you need or can offer help locally.
“It is hard to understand how we can protect our elderly, ill, vulnerable, self employed and businesses that are the backbone of society. However, I will stand shoulder to shoulder with you through this and ensure we protect them.
“I am in constant phone contact with ministers to make sure they understand the realities on the ground. We need practical support and everyone to come together to help fight this disease to protect our community and NHS.
“Many of us will be helping friends, family and neighbours, but some people contacting me are more isolated and need our support.
You may also want to watch:
“If you are a local business, taxi driver, charity or just want to help – please do contact me directly on firstname.lastname@example.org.
“we will get through this together.”
- 1 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 6 Schoolchildren transform underpass into art gallery to mark Clean Air Day
- 7 Hertfordshire Garden Show set to return to Knebworth Park this summer
- 8 World premiere screening of film Lightships at Letchworth's Broadway cinema
- 9 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
- 10 Poppy Appeal stalwart Les Mortimer recognised for decades of fundraising