Stevenage MP encourages celebration of independent retailers through shops competition
- Credit: Archant
Entry is open to a competition recognising independent retailers for their central role as the lifeblood of our high streets.
Stevenage MP Stephen McPartland is encouraging shopkeepers to enter the Best Small Shops competition, run by the British Independent Retailers’ Association.
He said: “Our small shops form the backbone of our local communities, always a kind word and time for a chat with their customers.
“Brilliant shops kindly donate to community events year after year.
“During lockdown, a lot of small shops have stayed open to help look after our community and care for their customers, especially the elderly and more vulnerable.
You may also want to watch:
“I am proud we have so many wonderful small shops locally and want to help them celebrate what they mean to us, so enter the competition.”
All entries are promoted in the online Indie Retail directory. To enter, visit bestsmallshops.co.uk by September 11.
- 1 Stevenage council: 'More flats will bring life to town'
- 2 Stevenage nursing home celebrates Pride
- 3 Tottenham test for Stevenage after draw for Papa John's Trophy
- 4 Hitchin Boys' teacher honoured with national award
- 5 Residents consulted on redevelopment of Letchworth's Hawksley bungalows
- 6 Woman trapped in car after colliding with tree on A602
- 7 Stevenage get big derby clash in first round of Carabao Cup
- 8 Cancelled school trip to red list Peru sees some students losing £2,250
- 9 Poppy Fletcher makes history by signing for Stevenage women
- 10 79-year-old pens autobiography inspired by move to Hitchin care home