Stevenage MP backs call to rate all GP practices
THE MP for Stevenage is backing a Government initiative which aims to rate every GP practice in the country. Patients are being invited to score their GP, and compare practices, through a new online comparison service launched by Health Minister, Mike O B
THE MP for Stevenage is backing a Government initiative which aims to rate every GP practice in the country.
Patients are being invited to score their GP, and compare practices, through a new online comparison service launched by Health Minister, Mike O'Brien.
Last month, the Government announced it is to abolish GP boundaries within the next year and allow patients to register with a GP practice of their choice.
Information generated through this online comparison at www.nhs.uk will help patients decide which of the East of England's 788 GP practices is right for them.
You may also want to watch:
Barbara Follett, Stevenage MP and Minister for the East of England, said: "This is a real step forward in the fight to make our health services more accessible, transparent and accountable.
"This information will help patients make choices about their healthcare although, as always with facts and figures, a balanced approach to the information available is best."
- 1 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 5 Schoolchildren transform underpass into art gallery to mark Clean Air Day
- 6 Poppy Appeal stalwart Les Mortimer recognised for decades of fundraising
- 7 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 8 Hertfordshire Garden Show set to return to Knebworth Park this summer
- 9 World premiere screening of film Lightships at Letchworth's Broadway cinema
- 10 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
Mr O'Brien said: "It is vital we equip patients with enough information to make the right choice for them.
"This new tool allows every single GP practice in the country to see the patients' views on what they are doing well and what needs to be improved. It will help drive up quality across the board, and is another step in ensuring we have a modern NHS which reflects the needs of the patient.