Stevenage move into play-offs following stalemate
- Credit: Archant
Match report: Exeter City 0 Stevenage 0
Stevenage moved into the League 2 play-off places following this goalless draw at St James Park.
The big news in terms of team selection for Boro was that Kevin Lisbie, who has signed on loan from Leyton Orient, started up front alongside Charlie Lee.
The on-loan forward almost made a dream start, too, only to see his header towards goal cleared by a defender.
Boro had more chances on goal, but the hosts went close on a number of occasions.
You may also want to watch:
Clinton Morrison shot just wide of the post for the home side while substitute David Wheeler went close late on when he headed against the crossbar.
For Boro, Dean Wells, who scored in the draw at Cambridge United at the weekend, went close twice late in the game.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 5 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 6 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 9 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 10 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
From substitute Ben Kennedy’s ball in, the centre-half headed just wide of the post.
The defender then saw a shot blocked after being teed up by Keith Keane as the game finished goalless.
Exeter City: Hamon, Davies, Ribeiro, Moore-Taylor, Riley-Lowe, Sercombe, Oakley, Harley, Nicholls (Holmes 62), Nichols (Wheeler 62), Morrison. Subs: Bennett, Keohane, Pym, Cummins, McCready.
Stevenage: Day, Henry, Wells, Dembele, Okimo, Pett (Andrade 82), Parrett, Keane, Martin (Kennedy 70), Lee (Johnson 74), Lisbie. Subs: Beasant, Ashton, Bond, Conlon.