Stevenage missing cat found after nearly four years
- Credit: Archant
A family is celebrating the return of their pet cat – nearly four years after it went missing and about 14 miles away from where it was last seen.
Rebecca Hollely, 14, of Livingstone Link in Stevenage, was “devastated” when her cat Tim went missing from her family’s former home in Edgware, north London in late 2010.
Tim was discovered living as a stray in Hemel Hempstead last month and taken to a vets – where his microchip implant was found to contain his owner’s contact details. He was returned to Rebecca last week in good health.
She said: “I was so happy when I found out Tim had come home. We thought he would eventually be found because of his microchip but really started to lose hope after a while. It was really sad when he went missing but it’s brilliant to see him back with us and happy.”
Dad Ray said: “It just goes to show you how important it can be to get your pets chipped – I was convinced he was gone. I remember it was a snowy night when he went missing, even though we had tried to stop him going out, and I really thought he wasn’t coming back.
You may also want to watch:
“Rebecca was devastated when he went missing but was absolutely over the moon when we got him home. I couldn’t believe he had survived after all that time but, if anything, he had put on weight. He’s a fantastic cat and we’re sure it won’t take too long before he’s settled in again.”
- 1 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 5 Schoolchildren transform underpass into art gallery to mark Clean Air Day
- 6 Poppy Appeal stalwart Les Mortimer recognised for decades of fundraising
- 7 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 8 Hertfordshire Garden Show set to return to Knebworth Park this summer
- 9 World premiere screening of film Lightships at Letchworth's Broadway cinema
- 10 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation