Stevenage midfielder Conlon ‘raring to go’ ahead of new season
- Credit: Archant
Former Peterborough midfielder looking forward to new League Two campaign
Tom Conlon is relishing Stevenage’s upcoming League Two season, beginning this weekend at home to Notts County.
The highly-rated 19-year-old is expected to play a bigger part in Boro’s campaign than he did in his debut year for the club last season, when he made 14 appearances.
Conlon told the Comet: “We’re all buying into what the gaffer is doing here, we all really enjoy training which is important too and we’re all buzzing and raring to go for the first game of the season.
“Of course I set myself personal goals but it’s a team game and it’s all about the team, and what we want to achieve as a team - and we certainly can’t wait for the start of the season.
You may also want to watch:
“Whoever [Teddy Sheringham] picks to start on Saturday we’ll all be together and doing our best to go for those three points against Notts County.”
- 1 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 5 MPs and councillors react to tragic passing of Sir David Amess
- 6 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 7 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 8 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 9 Developers confirm controversial plans for Hitchin flats to go to appeal
- 10 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV